Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
£ paper notes more like - I don't think the prem will sanction them any rate .....
If the PL are intent on making an example of us for alleged FFP misdemeanours despite themselves having, apparently, been directly involved overseeing the clubs finances these past two/three seasons how on earth can they then justify sanctioning a takeover by an organisation with a dubious financial structure. That's a bit like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire and, surely, the PL would not wish to be seen as complicit if/when things go wrong further down the road.

It's not as if there aren't enough warning bells ringing.

Does the ten point reduction impact the interest this lot have in us? Does it reduce the asking price or even take us off the market effectively for a period of time?

If the PL are intent on making an example of us for alleged FFP misdemeanours despite themselves having, apparently, been directly involved overseeing the clubs finances these past two/three seasons how on earth can they then justify sanctioning a takeover by an organisation with a dubious financial structure. That's a bit like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire and, surely, the PL would not wish to be seen as complicit if/when things go wrong further down the road.

It's not as if there aren't enough warning bells ringing.
equally, not sanctioning it and us going into administration doesn't help matters either.

I reckon their "oversight" involved a healthy dose of accepting what the club said, rather than being right there in the books. Then they see the accounts, see we've exaggerated and lied about covid or whatever, and throw the book at us. Only ourselves to blame if that happens.

For better or worse, it surely makes it difficult for the PL to reject new owners when they've punished us so severely due to the actions of the previous owners.

I have seen the future

Premier League deducts us points for running our finances poorly and then gives the ok for this dodgy group to buy us, then when the finances go tits up again under 777 the Premier League will deduct us points for the owners they gave the ok too.

For better or worse, it surely makes it difficult for the PL to reject new owners when they've punished us so severely due to the actions of the previous owners.

like longers has said - they will agree it to make us worse lol

and i’m guessing if 777 took over soon they wouldn’t be assed about the deduction as they’ve got us now?

I thought there were a myriad amount that 777 might pay depending on finishing position never mind relegation?
I think one of the other effects of today is that it rules out any other buyers who may have been lurking. 777 are the group who have shown they will buy us no matter what, other groups were probably waiting to see the outcome of this before making a late bid, but with the points deduction and the legal threats I doubt they'll pursue.

It's 777 or absolute doom under Moshiri, and sadly that only leaves one viable option.

I think one of the other effects of today is that it rules out any other buyers who may have been lurking. 777 are the group who have shown they will buy us no matter what, other groups were probably waiting to see the outcome of this before making a late bid, but with the points deduction and the legal threats I doubt they'll pursue.

It's 777 or absolute doom under Moshiri, and sadly that only leaves one viable option.
If we had a little bit of extra time it might be that the points deduction shows itself to be less of an issue if we put another run together and pull away from the relegation zone again. But if 777 is rejected then potentially the next day we get ourselves a second points deduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back