Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be voice of reason on this speculative piece, all financial institutions use their customers balances to speculate in other markets. It's pretty much how the fiscal economics work, that and inter Bank lending etc.

If they have broken regs etc then maybe a story in it but I'm thinking it's a bit of a nothing burger.

And for the records, I don't want and don't think we should be anywhere near 777.

*I may need to read the article again to see if I've missed anything but hardline investment tactics are not necessarily illegal.
This seems like quite an important little passage buried at the bottom.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 14.16.05.webp

Isn’t that exactly how multi business models work though? Or in fact all business models?

TESCO BUILDS 10 NEW STORES USING GROCERY SHOPPERS CASH!
It sounds like they are making slightly riskier investments than insurance companies typically would, and that might make me hesitate about taking out insurance with them, but it doesn't necessarily follow they will run those investments badly. They are highly incentivised to run them well.

The critical thing is that they let those businesses be run by experts in the field without meddling. It does appear that with the appointments of football guys like Dransfield, Spors etc they intend to do so.

This seems like quite an important little passage buried at the bottom.

View attachment 235485

Yes, but these guys aren't the 7th richest person in the world, and they are investing in much riskier assets.

There's nothing illegal with what they're doing, but they're also taking this money and parking it in assets (football clubs) that don't necessarily throw off a lot of cash.

None of their other clubs have been ‘ruined’ thus far so why all of a sudden are they going to do it to us?
Aren't their current clubs actively protesting to get them out? ( I know at least one was )

Didn't they make genoa fans pay for their own training ground?

Everything that's been said about them is negative, they sound like cowboys.

Do you want them?.

I have to be voice of reason on this speculative piece, all financial institutions use their customers balances to speculate in other markets. It's pretty much how the fiscal economics work, that and inter Bank lending etc.

If they have broken regs etc then maybe a story in it but I'm thinking it's a bit of a nothing burger.

And for the records, I don't want and don't think we should be anywhere near 777.

*I may need to read the article again to see if I've missed anything but hardline investment tactics are not necessarily illegal.

Think this is a bit of a nothing burger, insurance companies have funds invested at all the times. Is a sports business riskier than airlines or petrochemicals? I dunno.

Certainly nothing illegal there I dont think.

I'm nut advocating for 777 btw.
Is this a popular phrase? A nothing burger? I'd literally never heard of it before today and then it pops up in two consecutive posts!!

Although 777 are almost undoubtedly dodgy the use of this phrase has been the soundbite and flag of mediocrity that has held the club back on multiple fronts. The main protagonist of that particular media-friendly tosh which stopped Evertonians believing the club should do better and be held accountable in every single aspect (which has been proved correct on every level imaginable) is no longer at the club, get that nonsense phrase in the bin.
I use the phrase quite often and think it's entirely appropriate in these circumstances. I do not want 777 anywhere near our club in a takeover scenario and would much rather Moshiri stay if that is the only alternative.

Aren't their current clubs actively protesting to get them out? ( I know at least one was )

Didn't they make genoa fans pay for their own training ground?

Everything that's been said about them is negative, they sound like cowboys.

Do you want them?.
It was for a Youth team facility and fans were happy to do it

I use the phrase quite often and think it's entirely appropriate in these circumstances. I do not want 777 anywhere near our club in a takeover scenario and would much rather Moshiri stay if that is the only alternative.
Moshiri isn't even remotely an option though. We're borrowing money left right and centre because without the support of his old mate he has nothing left to give. Sticking with Moshiri is a one way ticket to administration.

Think this is a bit of a nothing burger, insurance companies have funds invested at all the times. Is a sports business riskier than airlines or petrochemicals? I dunno.

Certainly nothing illegal there I dont think.

I'm nut advocating for 777 btw.
Well I don’t agree.

Yes, insurance companies take insurance payments and reinvest them. But 777 have done this to a huge degree more than is normal.
the result? They been down graded from a good risk, to a fair risk and are on the verge of being downgraded to a poor risk if they don’t divest the of probably half their assets.

This is at a time when they urgently Need to raise funds to buy us. Essentially they’ve massively over borrowed against the insurance company asset and a natural disaster could see the company not having enough money to meet its liabilities and then the entire group would collpase.

the whole thing is lime a pack of cards that could collapse at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back