Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there no other interest in buying us!! Really really strange...

The only reason would be is that Moshiri wants just 777 to buy us for some reason..

Where and who are the investors in 777?

Big Uncle Uzzy...
I think it's more likely that they care less as they pay less if we get docked points or relegated, and if they have to pay full price they'll leverage it anyway so they'll be buying the club with the supporter's money not their own.

Everything seems to have a bad smell about it.
Yeah I’d sort of hoped some of it might just be baseless speculation but the more that comes out in the press the worse it looks. Devil and the deep blue sea I guess unless some knight in shining armour is lurking in the background waiting to invest.

I have to be voice of reason on this speculative piece, all financial institutions use their customers balances to speculate in other markets. It's pretty much how the fiscal economics work, that and inter Bank lending etc.

If they have broken regs etc then maybe a story in it but I'm thinking it's a bit of a nothing burger.

And for the records, I don't want and don't think we should be anywhere near 777.

*I may need to read the article again to see if I've missed anything but hardline investment tactics are not necessarily illegal.

Think this is a bit of a nothing burger, insurance companies have funds invested at all the times. Is a sports business riskier than airlines or petrochemicals? I dunno.

Certainly nothing illegal there I dont think.

I'm nut advocating for 777 btw.
Yeah, it's interesting that we've gone from "they don't have the money" to "Ok they have the money but where have they got it?" and now to "OK they've got it from their insurance business but should they have?". I don't know the answer to the latter question but it does seem like there's at least less mystery and intrigue than initially thought.

It at least puts to bed some paranoia that they have bad intentions or will just run the club into the ground. Their sports investments are critical investments to the success of the wider group and while it seems like a risky approach to me it at least makes it critical to invest in these businesses to grow them and make them a success.

Would like to think with the stories if anything is not right the league will not let them takeover. Is alot of bad press stories about these guys atm.

777 look v dodgy. Careful what you wish for.
Although 777 are almost undoubtedly dodgy the use of this phrase has been the soundbite and flag of mediocrity that has held the club back on multiple fronts. The main protagonist of that particular media-friendly tosh which stopped Evertonians believing the club should do better and be held accountable in every single aspect (which has been proved correct on every level imaginable) is no longer at the club, get that nonsense phrase in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back