Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in another thread, I agree with that but in practice that really hasn’t been the case. Yes Watford and Udinese trade players back and forth, but if they’ve gained a sporting advantage neither has taken advantage of it. City really hasn’t. Probably the biggest test is Newcastle and the Saudi clubs just because of the exceptional nature of the money the Saudi clubs have spent on players.
I expect the groups best players will get sold/loaned to Everton and, if they have a good season, are then sold.

City don't need to because they are minted. Like you say Watford haven't made the most of it.

Newcastle will be interesting to watch how it plays out.

I expect the groups best players will get sold/loaned to Everton and, if they have a good season, are then sold.

City don't need to because they are minted. Like you say Watford haven't made the most of it.

Newcastle will be interesting to watch how it plays out.
Newcastle are more minted then city

It's ridiculous.
We're about to put on a mass protest against the premier league
while our club votes against the majority to allow loans from co-owned clubs.
How is it even legal to own two clubs in one federation?
What happens if Everton play Herta or Seville in Europe. Are there F1 style team orders from 777?
It stinks.
Just football disappearing further up its own hole.
My thoughts exactly, just doesn't make sense

Newcastle are more minted then city
Their owners are. But City are a much more established football business that - though far from autonomous - does at least bring in significant prize money purely from football, and holds significant footballing assets.

The question for Newcastle is how effectively they can launder their owners’ wealth into the club, especially in the current climate.

I said in another thread, I agree with that but in practice that really hasn’t been the case. Yes Watford and Udinese trade players back and forth, but if they’ve gained a sporting advantage neither has taken advantage of it. City really hasn’t. Probably the biggest test is Newcastle and the Saudi clubs just because of the exceptional nature of the money the Saudi clubs have spent on players.

City did it with Lampard and a French national player (forgot his name) when their revenue was small and needed to circumvent the FFP/P&S.

So there is nothing to stop say a Saudi team buying Bellingham for £200m and then loaning him to Newcastle for 3 years and as part of the loan agreement paying most of his wages and as a result having minimal impact on FFP?

Yup. Signed for Al Hilal this summer for almost £50m, and already being "loaned out" to Newcastle (part of same ownership)

Last edited:
WTF seriously. Doesn't our Persian charlatan know other people than mobsters?
"Shortly after the sale agreement was announced, it was reported that Premier League team owners were concerned over the source of 777 Partner’s funding for the acquisition. Sources told me at the time that they heard the money was coming from Colombia drug money.

Forbes need to make up their minds- either they are struggling to come up with the money OR they are running a massive laundering operation for the Cartel because I doubt the global cocaine trade is struggling for liquidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back