Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t sound great, but my understanding is that they intend to run Everton with Everton’s money, which is exactly what Bill Kenwright did for 20 years, and most blues had absolutely no problem with that for a very long time!

I’m not happy with it, but it’s just a continuation of the status quo really; no different to the last 23 years!

My main fear is that they won’t let go of control, just like Kenwright. So we will be stuck with them for decades.

If we dont go down or go into liquidation, or both. I think if the PL allow the 777 takeover (hopefully they havent weaponised that situation), they will steady the ship for a few years and our spend will be meagre. And rightly so.

Once that is done, and we have treaded water for a season or two - hopefully with the new stadium giving us a much better budget, we will be prime for a BIG takeover. Slow, but progressive steps are needed though.

They don’t sound great, but my understanding is that they intend to run Everton with Everton’s money, which is exactly what Bill Kenwright did for 20 years, and most blues had absolutely no problem with that for a very long time!

I’m not happy with it, but it’s just a continuation of the status quo really; no different to the last 23 years!

My main fear is that they won’t let go of control, just like Kenwright. So we will be stuck with them for decades.
The club was a total mess under Kenwright in terms of off pitch stuff though. We had large debts due to the fact we borrowed from Peter to pay Paul all the time and Kenwrights utter lack of business sense (along with others) saw us enter into a number of insane deals such as the kitbag one which were of no benefit to the club whatsoever and caused more trouble than were worth. Being self sufficient is a good thing but it has to be done properly, one of the key things with clubs who do it well is they all have good and productive youth setups whereas ours is a bit of a shambles at the moment.

The club was a total mess under Kenwright in terms of off pitch stuff though. We had large debts due to the fact we borrowed from Peter to pay Paul all the time and Kenwrights utter lack of business sense (along with others) saw us enter into a number of insane deals such as the kitbag one which were of no benefit to the club whatsoever and caused more trouble than were worth. Being self sufficient is a good thing but it has to be done properly, one of the key things with clubs who do it well is they all have good and productive youth setups whereas ours is a bit of a shambles at the moment.
Player values are potentially so high these days. Are there any commercial deals that could be more profitable than buying a player for 10m (or even better zero) and selling him for 50m?

Kenwright borrowed money off his friends using future revenues of the club, while his friends rinsed us for interest. If Moshiri or 777 done that they would be ran out of town.

Depends what you call successful mate, the youth set up is after raising serious capital in the last calendar year.

If we dont go down or go into liquidation, or both. I think if the PL allow the 777 takeover (hopefully they havent weaponised that situation), they will steady the ship for a few years and our spend will be meagre. And rightly so.

Once that is done, and we have treaded water for a season or two - hopefully with the new stadium giving us a much better budget, we will be prime for a BIG takeover. Slow, but progressive steps are needed though.

Good post mate, our current war with the PL, hopefully doesn’t make it easier for these sharks to come here.

We might be battling elsewhere but we shouldn't want these chancers anywhere near the club.

Kenwright borrowed money off his friends using future revenues of the club, while his friends rinsed us for interest. If Moshiri or 777 done that they would be ran out of town.
Exactly, 777 can't hide being the best ever Blue like Bill was able to do. People will turn against them much faster than they did Bill.

Good post mate, our current war with the PL, hopefully doesn’t make it easier for these sharks to come here.

We might be battling elsewhere but we shouldn't want these chancers anywhere near the club.

If they pass the fit and proper test - more ammunition for us to say the PL aren't fit to regulate their own league

If the PL reject their take over bid and say they aren't fit and proper - more ammunition for us to say a witch hunt against Everton is going on as it would leave us in financial limbo

Depends what you call successful mate, the youth set up is after raising serious capital in the last calendar year.
I wouldn't call the sales of Cannon and Simms and Nkunkou 'Serious capital' myself, Cannon-£8.8, Simms-£7m and Nkounkou-£2m, each to their own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back