777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This new stadium is supposed to put us back with the big boys, but all I see is same old same old, nothing will change, with these new clowns we will still be penny pinching, selling our best players and just surviving in the prem until we finally drop out

NsA7BB.gif

This new stadium is supposed to put us back with the big boys, but all I see is same old same old, nothing will change, with these new clowns we will still be penny pinching, selling our best players and just surviving in the prem until we finally drop out
The only way things will change is either via a change in the way football is run, or via us getting a rich owner. The reason we always believed we couldn't attract a rich owner was our delapidated stadium, this will no longer be the case. That said, Sunderland built a shiny new stadium and it hasn't helped them at all.

Arsenal say hi.

Unsure if you’re in agreement, but you’re right they do, they’ve gone backwards on the pitch since they moved into the Emirates.

People thinking the stadium will have any positive impact on our performances on the pitch are barking up the wrong tree. We need a new stadium because Goodison is not fit for purpose, it isn’t going to catapult us back “among the big boys”. We need the new stadium just to stand still, to tread water.

I assume people are joking about Arsenal and Spurs who have not improved their league positions in new stadiums.

Yeah I hope this too. Dreadful examples.

No idea why people think a building would have an impact on our performances on the pitch. The revenue generated from it will hopefully help us catch up to and stay competitive in the market with teams like West Ham and Brighton, who also moved out of smaller stadiums into bigger ones. In fact we’re about 20 years behind the rest of the league. We aren’t banging on the glass ceiling about to break through it.

A mortgage is far better than rent.

We can’t magic hundreds of millions out of the air to pay for a stadium upfront, just like most homeowners of working age can’t magic hundreds of thousands out of the air.

FWIW, I think having us as tenants makes little sense. There’s no competition for the stadium. Either we play there or no one does. It has value to Everton FC that couldn’t be matched by any other entity.

So maximum value for their investment comes from the combination of the club and the stadium being one, rather than two companies with two lots of administrative staff and all the other associated costs.

I don’t disagree that a mortgage is far better than rent, but I think any owner is going to leverage the stadium in one way or another. There are very few owners that would operate ‘mortgage free’ and give up the opportunity to secure lending on such an asset imo.

The question, I guess, is what it will be leveraged for… to improve the club, or to facilitate some kind of financial arrangement that benefits 777 more than it benefits Everton?

The new stadium should allow Everton to start generating competitive match day revenues that are within the top 10 in the country. At present, Everton are still in the 1980’s when it comes to match day provision and associated revenues.

In a world of FFP, revenue is king, and the new stadium should have a massive positive impact on Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back