777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if you’re in agreement, but you’re right they do, they’ve gone backwards on the pitch since they moved into the Emirates.

People thinking the stadium will have any positive impact on our performances on the pitch are barking up the wrong tree. We need a new stadium because Goodison is not fit for purpose, it isn’t going to catapult us back “among the big boys”. We need the new stadium just to stand still, to tread water.
They’ve gone backwards due to the crap signings they’ve made under arteta - he should be filleted for blowing £65 mill on that turd Haivertz alone. Fraud.

I’m sure they improved financially off the pitch with the emirates.

I assume people are joking about Arsenal and Spurs who have not improved their league positions in new stadiums.
Why?

The on field football issues are down to poor signings by the chairman and managers of those clubs - not because they have made more revenue from new stadiums.

Man United have spent mad money and gotten worse.

We didn’t the same with Koeman and Walsh, but didn’t have the improved revenue a new stadium will bring.

Having More money and spending it wisely are not the same thing.

They’ve gone backwards due to the crap signings they’ve made under arteta - he should be filleted for blowing £65 mill on that turd Haivertz alone. Fraud.

I’m sure they improved financially off the pitch with the emirates.

As I said above, I have no doubt that we’ll improve financially off the pitch with the stadium, but that’ll basically just catch us up to the rest of the mid table and bottom half clubs. People don’t realise how far behind modern football we’ve been left. All the benefits the new stadium will give us, most of the league have been enjoying for the past 20/30 years. We aren’t getting any great advantage over them with it.

We’re a prehistoric institution about to finally enter the 21st century 20 years late, that’s it.

As I said above, I have no doubt that we’ll improve financially off the pitch with the stadium, but that’ll basically just catch us up to the rest of the mid table and bottom half clubs. People don’t realise how far behind modern football we’ve been left. All the benefits the new stadium will give us, most of the league have been enjoying for the past 20/30 years. We aren’t getting any great advantage over them with it.

We’re a prehistoric institution about to finally enter the 21st century 20 years late, that’s it.
No, but we've competed decently enough on reduced means (up until the Moshiri bonanza years).

So if we were competitive with mid-table clubs over the past 20 years - and we have been by and large - it can only give us a platform to allow us to improve relative to them.

Assuming careful management, of course... and that certainly hasn't been something we can take for granted of late.

Last edited:
No, but we've competed decently enough on reduced means (up until the Moshiri bonanza years).

So if we were competitive with mid-table clubs over the past 20 years - and we have been by and large - it can only give us a platform to allow us to improve.

Assuming careful management, of course... and that certainly hasn't been something we can take for granted of late.

Moyes working miracles was the only reason we managed to stay competitive on the pitch. Off the pitch we’ve still been miles behind all of our competitors, because Goodison has been a complete drain and an anchor around our feet for that whole time.

The stadium won’t put a competent footballing department in place, or appoint the correct managers, or set a proper long term strategy out. On its own it isn’t propelling us to anything, it’s just a building that we’ll play football matches in. It will enable us to catch up to our rivals (who are the rest of the Premier League, not the big 6) in terms of revenue, but that’s it.

Moyes working miracles was the only reason we managed to stay competitive on the pitch. Off the pitch we’ve still been miles behind all of our competitors, because Goodison has been a complete drain and an anchor around our feet for that whole time.

The stadium won’t put a competent footballing department in place, or appoint the correct managers, or set a proper long term strategy out. On its own it isn’t propelling us to anything, it’s just a building that we’ll play football matches in. It will enable us to catch up to our rivals (who are the rest of the Premier League, not the big 6) in terms of revenue, but that’s it.
Sure - but that's a given.

No one thinks improving the stadium improves the team directly.

The football side of the business is always going to be the football side of the business, complete with all the uncertainty that comes with that.

But, with the debt properly financed, the stadium will improve our baseline financial position relative to the rest of the league. It gives us a foundation we don't currently have to build success on the pitch.

It at least brings the matchday experience into the modern day, focusing purely on the match going fans who spend money to be majorly uncomfortable and use "facilities" that can barely be called that. Not that it takes much to improve...toilets where you're not squashed in a little sweatbox with a trough like a run down pub would be luxury in comparison. Or seats where you're not sat on the person next to you...

It's the little things! Can't wait to get in there

It at least brings the matchday experience into the modern day, focusing purely on the match going fans who spend money to be majorly uncomfortable and use "facilities" that can barely be called that. Not that it takes much to improve...toilets where you're not squashed in a little sweatbox with a trough like a run down pub would be luxury in comparison. Or seats where you're not sat on the person next to you...

It's the little things! Can't wait to get in there

Agree with all this. It’s a necessity that we move. Was originally responding to someone that said the stadium was supposed to put us “back amongst the big boys”.

Agree with all this. It’s a necessity that we move. Was originally responding to someone that said the stadium was supposed to put us “back amongst the big boys”.
I'm with you on that bit too, we're just getting to the basic level we should already be at. All steps in the right direction anyway.

Maybe I'm naive but doesn't them constantly loaning us money kinda prove that they actually do have money and aren't total crooks? It's into like £150m now or something which is being spent on basically keeping us running which means that Moshiri isn't investing a penny anymore and these lot are already in effect proving that they've got the funds to actually run the club.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws looking for positives.

Maybe I'm naive but doesn't them constantly loaning us money kinda prove that they actually do have money and aren't total crooks? It's into like £150m now or something which is being spent on basically keeping us running which means that Moshiri isn't investing a penny anymore and these lot are already in effect proving that they've got the funds to actually run the club.

They are borrowing money to lend money to us.

Sure - but that's a given.

No one thinks improving the stadium improves the team directly.

The football side of the business is always going to be the football side of the business, complete with all the uncertainty that comes with that.

But, with the debt properly financed, the stadium will improve our baseline financial position relative to the rest of the league. It gives us a foundation we don't currently have to build success on the pitch.

Think people tend to think New Stadium=Big Transfer kitty.

It won't.

The money is from loans by investors or against assets on their books. They're not putting hands in their pockets.

Chelsea have close to a billion in loans against it. Don't think any of them put their actual money into buying the club.

But that's how these clubs are acquired unless it's a Sheik or affordable - ie not the £500mill Moshiri is getting

Tifo recently made a decent video on the cost of new stadiums & their benefits. An interesting watch given the discussion that's taken place over the last couple of pages..

Tough reading, but spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back