777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I want owners that have to appeal their way past a fit and proper test.

We do love a good appeal though.
1704687590679.webp

No question in my mind that they will rent us the stadium back, none.
They could do, certainly. But seemingly they want to buy us on the cheap, steady the ship and then sell us off in 5 years or so for a tidy little profit. If you’ve sold off the clubs biggest, newest and most shiny asset and are now a renting it back to them, they have kind of shot themselves in the foot in that regard.

How can these feckers lend Moshiri £150 million, when they can’t pay bills at their other clubs?

They stink, the deal stinks, the PL stinks, it’s just pure off.

Where’s a sheik when you need one.
Because they can borrow money at 12% and lend it to us at 20%. We make the repayments on their loan and they pocket the difference.

They could do, certainly. But seemingly they want to buy us on the cheap, steady the ship and then sell us off in 5 years or so for a tidy little profit. If you’ve sold off the clubs biggest, newest and most shiny asset and are now a renting it back to them, they have kind of shot themselves in the foot in that regard.
Sounds like something we`ve done in the past with Finch Farm. Have the council made a lot of cash from that deal and we having sold it to them for 10 million have paid much more than that renting it back from them on a 50 year lease?

How can these feckers lend Moshiri £150 million, when they can’t pay bills at their other clubs?

How can they afford to buy the stadium if they can’t pay bills at their other clubs?

I think it’s already being rented, isn’t it? Well, it’s ‘mortgaged’ to the hilt, and therefore not fully owned by Everton. We are obliged to make payments in order to make use of it / claim to own it.

The vast majority of clubs would need to have loans secured against the new stadium just to get it built, and even if we were to eventually become ‘mortgage’ free, most clubs would then use that opportunity to secure further finance against the stadium.

Goodison has had lending secured on it for decades, and it prevented Elstone from completing his wacky Park End hospitality suite because the lender said “No, you don’t own Goodison, we do!”.

I just can't see this at all. This would be the worst possible way to start their tenure, they would never be accepted, and their time at the club would be destined for failure from day 1.

I don't see why or how this scenario would happen.

I just can't see this at all. This would be the worst possible way to start their tenure, they would never be accepted, and their time at the club would be destined for failure from day 1.

I don't see why or how this scenario would happen.
It doesnt make any sense for them to rent it to EFC. They'd lose matchday revenue from concessions and so on. They'd make more from just owning it without a rental cost being on the balance sheet of the club..

There isnt really a benefit to 777 unless they sold the stadium to another party with EFC as long term tenants, presumably the premier league wouldn't allow that to happen.

I think it’s already being rented, isn’t it? Well, it’s ‘mortgaged’ to the hilt, and therefore not fully owned by Everton. We are obliged to make payments in order to make use of it / claim to own it.

The vast majority of clubs would need to have loans secured against the new stadium just to get it built, and even if we were to eventually become ‘mortgage’ free, most clubs would then use that opportunity to secure further finance against the stadium.

Goodison has had lending secured on it for decades, and it prevented Elstone from completing his wacky Park End hospitality suite because the lender said “No, you don’t own Goodison, we do!”.
A mortgage is far better than rent.

We can’t magic hundreds of millions out of the air to pay for a stadium upfront, just like most homeowners of working age can’t magic hundreds of thousands out of the air.

FWIW, I think having us as tenants makes little sense. There’s no competition for the stadium. Either we play there or no one does. It has value to Everton FC that couldn’t be matched by any other entity.

So maximum value for their investment comes from the combination of the club and the stadium being one, rather than two companies with two lots of administrative staff and all the other associated costs.

It doesnt make any sense for them to rent it to EFC. They'd lose matchday revenue from concessions and so on. They'd make more from just owning it without a rental cost being on the balance sheet of the club..

There isnt really a benefit to 777 unless they sold the stadium to another party with EFC as long term tenants, presumably the premier league wouldn't allow that to happen.
It's a riverside stadium development, I would have thought to a bunch of corporate Yanks they would see it as a giant billboard where they can use it for advertising purposes. I don't see them selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back