777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the biggest mistakes of Moshiri/ The Board was not taking that finance when it was on offer. Not only would we be in a better position financially but as a club we'd be a much more attractive prospect to any potential new owner/ investor. Hindsight and all that 🙄

Moshiri and the club have been very arrogant mate, you can see it all over the PSR saga and points deduction. If you go looking you can see it at various points since he came to the club.

If im honest, my concern is he is that arrogant, he keeps going thinking he’s a whizz kid, spinning all these plates (badly) and eventually there’s just a million peices of shattered plates on the floor.

I think he’s that arrogant.

Last edited:
Surely that's your fit and proper person test right there. How could the Premier League green flag someone who is likely to stiff it's own members on transfer fees.
I'm hoping that in addition to anything being asked of 777 by the Premier League, they are also doing their own due dilligence and investigating issues such as this. Hopefully any evidence that has been uncovered by some sections of the media has also been passed onto the Premier League and we're not just relaying on someone within the organisation to have a subscription to Josimar 🙄

Last edited:
we may not have a choice? or him if he wants a sale

he sells whilst we’re are a prem league club for better money

or less in the champ

if we go into liquidation we’re done

He will know what his options are mate. He just still thinks he’s cleverer than everyone else.

As I said my fear with him is he thinks he’s a whizz kid and is incredibly arrogant with a predisposition for kicking the can the road, eventually you get to the end of the road and are met by cans.

He will need at a point to either stick or twist. Or just put a fire to it all.

Last edited:

There is no easy way out of this.

All exits are on fire.
The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
And a dark wind blows
The government is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death
The sun has fallen down
And the billboards are all leering
And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles

EVERTON, WE NEVER SHONE SO BRIGHTLY
EVERTON, THE SPIRIT OF THE BLUES

@Neiler whilst we hope there are alternative buyers out there than 777, the pool of buyers is getting smaller and smaller considering Russian billionaires are largely sanctioned in the UK, China no longer appear happy for its wealthy to invest in overseas's football & most Middle Eastern nation states already own football clubs in City/PSG/Newcastle.

Outside of US investors, I cant see there being many takers particularly when the P&S rules stop someone from putting money into the club to help improve its current position on the field.

Pandemic/recession/Ukraine war has left the world economy in a mess. Feels like the wrong time to be searching for someone with hundreds of millions knocking around to buy a football club.

@Neiler whilst we hope there are alternative buyers out there than 777, the pool of buyers is getting smaller and smaller considering Russian billionaires are largely sanctioned in the UK, China no longer appear happy for its wealthy to invest in overseas's football & most Middle Eastern nation states already own football clubs in City/PSG/Newcastle.

Outside of US investors, I cant see there being many takers particularly when the P&S rules stop someone from putting money into the club to help improve its current position on the field.

Pandemic/recession/Ukraine war has left the world economy in a mess. Feels like the wrong time to be searching for someone with hundreds of millions knocking around to buy a football club.

My consistent take has been, you want someone that makes the club self sustainable mate. It doesn’t have to be the PIF.

What we want is something like Spurs and Arsenal, that will organically grow the club, invest a little, make it self sustainable and incrementally grow, Spurs are a great model, Arsenal too, even WHU.

We need to get to the point where the owner is irrelevant and the club washes its own face and be compeititve.

Last edited:
The Belgian FA have announced that Standard Liege are now under a transfer embargo. This is the second time this season that the side have been put under a transfer ban. The first came after a non-payment of group insurance, which was quickly rectified.
This time, the ban relates to non-payments concerning the transfer of Aron Dønnum and Ilyes Ziani. There is also a factor of missed payments to the ONSS, the Belgian Department of Social Security. The ban will be in place for the January transfer window and could seriously hamper the sides plans for the rest of the season. Reports had suggested that the side wanted to bring in another attacking player to bolster their goal scoring options, yet these will now have to be put on hold until the ban is lifted.

Sounds great.
Perhaps they can tap Fellaini for another couple of million ?
No worries , perfectly normal way to run a football club apparently.
Everything is just tickety boo in lala land and 777 are doing perfectly fine, apparently.

My consistent take has been, you want someone that makes the club self sustainable mate. It doesn’t have to be the PIF.

What we want is something like Spurs and Arsenal, that will organically grow the club, invest a little, make it self sustainable and incrementally grow, Spurs are a great model, Arsenal too.

We need to get to the point where the owner is irrelevant and the club washes its own face and be compeititve.

I feel a problem for a club like us is that we're up North in a deprived city. Leicester won the title and FA Cup, had numerous seasons in europe yet couldn't increase revenues to the required amount.

Compare that to WHU who have been gifted a stadium for nearly free, and based in London they have a much easier opportunity to increase revenues. Spurs had the same advantage being based in the capital over clubs like us, Newcastle & Villa back when we were neck and neck at times in the early/mid 00's.

Think I read somewhere that Palace are growing their revenues at a large rate - no coincidence yet another club based in the capital.

Whilst we need clever owners, I also think we need someone to be able to invest as I dont think we have the capability to get to the same organic stage as Spurs based on our location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back