Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned over the the weekend that someone over on Toffeeweb enquired directly to the FCA as to whether 777 had been approved.
He was told that anyone who had been passed by the FCA appeared on a register.
He checked on the register and at the time of him posting , he could not find any trace of 777.
If this remains the case I think we can assume that reports they had been approved by the FCA along with multiple reports that the PL were about to imminently approve them were the result of wishful thinking or just false information.

I mentioned over the the weekend that someone over on Toffeeweb enquired directly to the FCA as to whether 777 had been approved.
He checked on the register and at the time of him posting , he could not find any trace of 777.
If this remains the case I think we can assume that reports they had been approved by the FCA along with multiple reports that the PL were about to imminently approve them were the result of wishful thinking or just false information.

but why be ad the ground if they aren’t confident? as the other poster said

It’s not uncommon for an online register to not be updated. Alternatively, the firm registered and approved by the FCA may not be “777 partners UK limited” which is the registered name on companies house.

While the poster on toffeeweb may be right, there are explanations for them not being listed on the register at the current time

but why be ad the ground if they aren’t confident? as the other poster said
To keep the bid visibly alive ?
Maintain a presence?
To put pressure on the PL to approve by acting like de facto owners ?
I don’t know .
But I do know at this point they definitely haven’t been approved or it would have been announced.
We have seen how quickly and smoothly the process operates, when the applicant satisfies the criteria, with Radcliffe at United.

It’s not uncommon for an online register to not be updated. Alternatively, the firm registered and approved by the FCA may not be “777 partners UK limited” which is the registered name on companies house.

While the poster on toffeeweb may be right, there are explanations for them not being listed on the register at the current time
Thing is , who said they had been approved ?
Was it just information passed to a sympathetic journalist by Everton /777. ?
Because I personally have not seen it reported by any credible journalist.
Like I say , they keep leaking that final approval by the PL is about to be announced, yet 5 months later they are still waiting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back