Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have the Prem been asking for evidence of sustainability from 777 for the last 3 months?
They have failed to produce those documents holding up the purchase plus note their Co chairman stood down left them & invested in a lower league club ?

Plus Manchester United sealed a massive 25% investment in just 2 weeks
So Yes the Premiership have to give approval of future sustainability in any take over or at any % of investment on a big scale !
777 announced buying Everton -150 odd days ago
Jim Ratcliffe announced buying in to United - 55 days it took

Why have the Prem been asking for evidence of sustainability from 777 for the last 3 months?
They have failed to produce those documents holding up the purchase plus note their Co chairman stood down left them & invested in a lower league club ?

Plus Manchester United sealed a massive 25% investment in just 2 weeks
So Yes the Premiership have to give approval of future sustainability in any take over or at any % of investment on a big scale !
If you mean the guy that’s gone to Barnsley, he wasn’t co-chairman and he has only gone to Barnsley as sporting director I believe.

No , you are right they are credible
But I personally think they got the information from 777 , and I don’t believe they are credible .
Also I am just relaying what I read on Toffeeweb and he asked the FCA themselves.
Whatever.
Fact remains they have still not been approved by the PL .
I’d trust credible sources with contacts more than a random fan ringing up an FCA call centre personally mate

Coming to an end this I think. Bits and bobs in the main press (clearly after constant prodding by the X-brigade as it’s the same Bermuda stories that have been volleyed around by Josimar etc), and Esk and the other “football finance experts” are whipping themselves up into a sweaty keyboard crescendo with their cross-promoting tweets almost hourly now; they can sense their first ever “told you so” moment.

The PL brought them into the process fairly recently to approve any potential purchasers and ensure they are financially secure.
Essentially using their expertise to strengthen the system of approval.
Being surrounded by people that are ensuring FCA compliance all day every day in terms of customer transactions, I’d say they are massive sticklers for detail and dish out harsh and swift punishments and fines. They do obtain very high level data to check financial fitness of a company. Not entirely sure I’d rank it above thoroughly audited financial statements, which it sounds like aren’t forthcoming in bloody Bermuda.

But the regs do seem to say they don’t approve anything, they were just added to the list of regulatory bodies from which if you were disqualified, you automatically fail the ownership test. If they’ve never applied, they will never fail. Changes to the rules per PL statement last year:

• Extending the list of regulatory authorities, suspension from which will result in disqualification, to include the Charity Commission, FCA, Prudential Conduct Authority, HMRC and Gambling Commission
Possible all potential owners are asked to jump through the FCA application process, but can’t see this documented.

What a time to be alive. Jesus wept.

You'll probably find that 777 have an exclusivity period so no new bidders can join in!

Yet! 🤞🤞
You can sign more than one exclusivity deal.... the notion that you are bound to just speaking to one party is incorrect.

Man Utd signed exclusivity with Jassim and Ratcliffe but apparently there were more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back