777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
F52xZb0WkAAgzQM

I don't want 777, but the idea that they are any morally worse than the other Bond villains who own PL clubs is laughable.

I think it reeks of desperation more than anything. Moshiri knows that, without fresh investment soon, the club is a ticking time bomb.

I don't want 777, but the idea that they are any morally worse than the other Bond villains who own PL clubs is laughable.

Morally is not the issue, they don't have the cash.

Seems to be all smoke and mirrors in how they operate and will more than likely all come crashing down eventually. Short term people in their group will profit as shown in the aviation deals they have done but longterm it will crumble like a house of cards.

I'm not saying this lot have no money, but they don't even have 5 mill

Playing Devil's Advocate here - chances are they'll comfortably have the money but they don't actually want to spend it on Genoa at this point, hence why they're pushing this 'bond' scheme on them and spinning it as a way of 'getting the fans more invested into their club'.

Just a bit out there... how much reservation would there be to being taken over by a Middle East based consortium / sovereign.

I'm not for or against.

I look at City and think that was us (footballing wise). I look at Kenwright and wish it wasn't us. Newcastle seem to be having a time of it, too. My point is what are some loan sharks vs regional soveriegn backed funds. They're all bad, why not park the debt with someone that can afford it and bring on the jobs and the retail and the nice places to live around the ground and also let go of Michael Keane whilst we're at it.

Don’t really know how I feel about these “senior figures in government” getting involved. A government that actively lobbied for the Saudis to get Newcastle has no credibility to judge anything.

It might work out for us if Moshiri has to find a more credible buyer…..but then it might not if he can’t and we slide further towards administration. It’s not a given that more credible buyers would want to do business with Moshiri with his ties to Usmanov.

I’m just not happy with decisions like that on our future being taken by this government. They also need to bear in mind the man they are keeping place if they do try to block a deal, not just those they would block, a man they themselves seem to have under investigation. It’s not cut and dry and I wouldn’t trust them to get it right.
Having concerns is not going to stop anything.
If an investor is to be prevented from taking over Everton or any other club there will need to be sound legal reasons for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back