777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit out there... how much reservation would there be to being taken over by a Middle East based consortium / sovereign.

I'm not for or against.

I look at City and think that was us (footballing wise). I look at Kenwright and wish it wasn't us. Newcastle seem to be having a time of it, too. My point is what are some loan sharks vs regional soveriegn backed funds. They're all bad, why not park the debt with someone that can afford it and bring on the jobs and the retail and the nice places to live around the ground and also let go of Michael Keane whilst we're at it.
Because the Saudis murder people who don’t agree with them? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t really know how I feel about these “senior figures in government” getting involved. A government that actively lobbied for the Saudis to get Newcastle has no credibility to judge anything.

It might work out for us if Moshiri has to find a more credible buyer…..but then it might not if he can’t and we slide further towards administration. It’s not a given that more credible buyers would want to do business with Moshiri with his ties to Usmanov.

I’m just not happy with decisions like that on our future being taken by this government. They also need to bear in mind the man they are keeping place if they do try to block a deal, not just those they would block, a man they themselves seem to have under investigation. It’s not cut and dry and I wouldn’t trust them to get it right.

The Saudi regime have a shedload of oil and are also one of the UK's biggest customers when it comes to military equipment and weapons.

The only reason the takeover never got approved in 2020 was due to the BEIN tv deal and Saudi Arabia using piracy to show the Premier League games. Once that was resolved between Qatar and Saudi Arabia the Newcastle deal was approved in days.

I don't want 777, but the idea that they are any morally worse than the other Bond villains who own PL clubs is laughable.
Moshiri pretty much worked for the Russian mafia …
I’m moser concerned about whether they can run a football club and whether they will suddenly lose all access to funds after some legal issues

There are a few similarities between us and City, when they were sold.

Remember Thaksin Shinawatra? He came in, loaded, then had the taps turned off when his money was held.

Rich people know rich people.

Everything I've encountered information wise regarding 777 is extremely disconcerting and the possibility of selling to dodgy venture capitalists would track with the naivity and daftness that has been on display since the beginning of the calimitous moshiri/kenwright reign. Going by a lot of articles they never seem to actually have any significant resources and from what I garnered have only fronted miminhm amounts of the promised investments for certain takeovers.

I'm hoping this deal crumbles under further scrutiny , yes the Newcastle deal was authorized but as people correctly mentioned there are numerous economic benefits the British govt receives that would be an incentive in being oblivious to countless human rights abuses. The disturbing thing is that I think this deal has a greater chance of being scuttled not because of ethical aspects and more due to glaring financial limitations but this club is already in a dire state don't need slimeballs trying to sell me everton brand antidepressants when we relegated due to their lack of concern of matters on the pitch

The club is already dead as things stand. We're a coffin on wheels. If 777 speed the whole thing up then so be it. I'd sooner that then just continue to go quietly into the night and carry on as things are now. At least there's a chance that things might get better with 777. There's absolutely no chancd of that with Kenwright and Moshiri.
This.

The club is already dead as things stand. We're a coffin on wheels. If 777 speed the whole thing up then so be it. I'd sooner that then just continue to go quietly into the night and carry on as things are now. At least there's a chance that things might get better with 777. There's absolutely no chancd of that with Kenwright and Moshiri.
Agreed. Praying there's a third way but if the choice is between 777 and Moshiri / Kenwright / Usmanov it has to be 777. We have no idea where the road with 777 will take us, but we know exactly where the road with Moshiri / Kenwright / Usmanov is taking us and it's straight off a cliff.

It's called factual, objective, honest assessment of reality - or are you suggesting I'm a rival fan secret agent because I simply acknowledge the cold hard fact comparing Manchester United FC to Everton FC is utterly ridiculous?!?

One is a global brand, one of the biggest most successful football clubs on the face of the earth, with fans in every country (if not every city give or take) around the world; not to mention a commercial and coporate powerhouse. The other is not. The other is a random club from the "not-Sky-favourites", "not-Big-Six", "make-up-the-numbers" rest that is utterly interchangeable with a dozen other teams and therefore nowhere near as relevant in sporting terms or business terms. Like it or not, we're closer to a Norwich or Fulham or Leeds in than we are a Man Utd. There's the "Big Six" and everyone else.

Or do you honestly think some sheikh from some Middle Eastern state who wants a sports washing project honestly gives two fvcks about what a trophyless club did 40 years ago? Do you legit believe kids kicking a ball around in the sand half a world away pretend to be Lee Carsley and Tony Hibbert, or are they wearing shirts with Beckham and Ronaldo on the back? 100m people aren't getting up at 2am on the other side of the world to watch Everton v Fulham. They are for Untied v Liverpool or Arsenal v Chelsea. We've a long way to go to get to that. Pointing it out doesn't make me 'not a supporter'.
You called us a 'Tin Pot Club'.

If that's the way you think about the club then why bother supporting us? Go support United, you seem to have a hard-on for them.

Last edited:
Everything I've encountered information wise regarding 777 is extremely disconcerting and the possibility of selling to dodgy venture capitalists would track with the naivity and daftness that has been on display since the beginning of the calimitous moshiri/kenwright reign. Going by a lot of articles they never seem to actually have any significant resources and from what I garnered have only fronted miminhm amounts of the promised investments for certain takeovers.

I'm hoping this deal crumbles under further scrutiny , yes the Newcastle deal was authorized but as people correctly mentioned there are numerous economic benefits the British govt receives that would be an incentive in being oblivious to countless human rights abuses. The disturbing thing is that I think this deal has a greater chance of being scuttled not because of ethical aspects and more due to glaring financial limitations but this club is already in a dire state don't need slimeballs trying to sell me everton brand antidepressants when we relegated due to their lack of concern of matters on the pitch
Unless they have partnered up with someone else I genuinely can't see where they are getting the money from. They will need to show they have it upfront (due to the new rule changes) and EFC needs about £1bn (all in) at the moment when you think about the club, stadium, and possible team strengthening. I just don't see it.

Unless they have partnered up with someone else I genuinely can't see where they are getting the money from. They will need to show they have it upfront (due to the new rule changes) and EFC needs about £1bn (all in) at the moment when you think about the club, stadium, and possible team strengthening. I just don't see it.
Given their lack of any apparent scruples maybe they're getting the money from Usmanov.

I still think could be another in for us could be wrong just dint think 777 have the money that moshiri wants. Could see maybe what msp wanted but no way could they buy him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back