777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stadium now paid for.

According to Moshiri(I know I know) he told share holders that the stadium was funded till the end of 2023. The MSP loan is the last 100 mil needed.

Also ITS NEARLY FINISHED not half built
Based on current estimations of a completion date we've still got circa 14 months of the build left. I think you're vastly underestimating how much there is still left to do.

We might not be half way through but we're much closer to half built than nearly finished.

Well It wouldn't surprise me tbh and I have seen it mentioned in a few places.
Nobody in USA, UK or Europe can touch Usmanov or his money given the sanctions. The UK may be a dog without teeth but 777 are US based and the US authorities do not mess about with stuff like this. If there was even the slightest suspicion 777 had any dealings with a sanctioned oligarch their execs would be spending long days in windowless rooms being questioned by those nice people from the FBI. Rumours like that one are easy to start but there will be absolutely zero substance to it. Zero.

So "could be through by Tuesday" now translates as "no-one, Board, Owner, Kenwrong, Media, Journos, ITK have a clue whats happening!"

What a shambles this club has become.

Longer it drags, better? as it may mean other parties interested or is this a "Done Deal"

Feels like a death knell IMO, rats.sinking.ship comes to mind
48 hours

Nobody in USA, UK or Europe can touch Usmanov or his money given the sanctions. The UK may be a dog without teeth but 777 are US based and the US authorities do not mess about with stuff like this. If there was even the slightest suspicion 777 had any dealings with a sanctioned oligarch their execs would be spending long days in windowless rooms being questioned by those nice people from the FBI. Rumours like that one are easy to start but there will be absolutely zero substance to it. Zero.
They have done that already in regards to other matters and the Feds didn't get very far. People like Usmanov have money all over the world in numerous guises, I agree that's it a far fetched scenario but for 777 to take on ANY PL club they would have to be going in with someone else as the numbers in this league are far superior to what they have been involved with previously and they don't seem to have those level of resources, even MSP had access to more cash than 777.

What I don't get is why now - surely we're cheaper for a prospective buyer if the worse happens?

It's like there's some dire cash counter that's about to hit zero the speed this deal's come around - are Mosh and Asmanov under pressure elsewhere to just get their chips in and do one?

What I don't get is why now - surely we're cheaper for a prospective buyer if the worse happens?

It's like there's some dire cash counter that's about to hit zero the speed this deal's come around - are Mosh and Asmanov under pressure elsewhere to just get their chips in and do one?
Defo gotta somehow see the whole picture but its so opaque, hard to see through it!

So much is off about the whole situation, so much more than most of us will ever know!

I think the reality is we have to be more realistic with our transfer business, partly for FFP, partly for cash flow.

I think 777 will be good at that. I saw someone say as a criticism they halved costs at Genoa but got them promoted as a bad thing. I would say it was a good thing. It may not be what we want, but it shows acumen.

Moshiri, and to a lesser degree Kenwright have no idea how to operate in such a way.

My overall point though, would be it wont be a fire sale with the intent of getting us relegated. It would be some targeted sales, perhaps to the maximum degree while also moving us from relegation troubles. As the club going down kills any real value.

Theres a nuanced discussion to be had, but theres no sense in them having us relegated.

The club does seem to have got costs under better control, and I wonder now if we are losing maybe 25m p/a as opposed to 60m p/a.

But look, most teams have to sell players. It's an inevitability. Can you do it in an orderly manner, do it proactively and control/maximise the process is a fair question.

I thik that been the reality for seasons now mate. Infact it should be the default really. I think thats fine theoretically in terms of squad building. But the buisness doesnt wash its own face - so its selling to keep the lights on as a necessity if one of the other routes to cashflow isn't forthcoming and its unlikely to be.

To be very fair to Bill, he did manage it as an owner albeit he had Moyes, so we're into chicken and egg there. Regardless hes shown that competency.

I wouldn't share your hope of 777 and the Genoa evidence.

777 have shown they are high risk investors, they see an opportunity were they can acquire the club for a knockdown up front fee, by taking on debt and then likely selling assets (players) to provide cashflow or improve the debt position without further investment, thus increasing the value of the asset and their investment. Relegation is a risk worth taking for the investment especially when you consider the infrastructure that comes with the club and ultimately the debt can shoved on the club via asset stripping.

In terms of costs they are coming down - but a way to go and we are still relying on player sales - the 60 mill pa last year, was a 110 mill loss last year with out Richarlison and i think we can see that what we've taken in last and this year so far isnt equal to what we spend - so that additional resources from tranfer fees are being used to cover losses or provide cash flow - we haven't turned the corner just yet. Incrementally improving.

You are right theoretically, there is always player trading, usually though thats to reinvest - in our case its likely going to used to fund the club, covier losses or pay of debt and incrementally reduce the over all squad standard.

Thats my take, unless there is alternative funding model i cant see..........selling players and especially your best ones is not a good or even a normal thing - especially to pay to keep the lights on or line the pockets of the owners.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back