Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was wrong, but Esk smashes me every single time.

It's impressive to be that wrong so many times.

Fair play to him, it's a gift.
It’s incredible.

Tbh all he had to say was “Didn’t see that coming. Still plenty of hoops to jump though. Wait and see” and everyone would have said fair enough lol

….not sure I feel any worst about Everton than I felt yesterday. Not sure I feel any better about Everton than I did yesterday.
At this stage. I can't say I won't celebrate Everton's final demise or winning a trophy any different. That's how indifferent I am to it all.

Dunno why but my feeling is that they will be here until the stadium is done then sell us for a profit. Something Moshiri can't do because of the sanctions on Usmanov and USM etc
Probably not wrong . If they make a profit we are still in the league and in the stadium so positive i suppose

There's lots to be negative about re. this takeover.
but here's my effort to look on the bright side.
There's no point referencing all the clubs they own as being in a mess, we know they buy distressed assets.
They cant be directly blamed for mismanagement yet.
They are unlikely to turn us in to a CL team but stability is all we can hope for at the moment especially with the stadium move coming up.
Let's hope they are capable of that.
I think the fan bond fundraiser at Genoa is quite a clever idea and something Evertonians might have been on board with.

The long and short of it is that, for the whole PL era, Everton have been run like a corner shop.
When moshiri came along, that culture did not change but investment did. Now it's a corner shop with range rovers parked outside.
These guys may be ruthless and seem cheap but they'll run the club like a business. They'll monetize anything that isn't nailed down and the stuff that is.
This might be just what Everton need.

After a generation of Kenwright covering up business ineptitude thanks to theatrical speeches and the luck of getting his first managerial appointment right, Followed by shady fronts and wild spending with no structure, It's time to see what happens when raw business takes over.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt even if they are going to charge to put a bag in the overhead bin.
Good post this.
As a group its still in its early days so its hard to say what impact they are having in the other clubs but it does look like a long term structured venture.
On the face of it Wander & Paskoe get quite a bit of bad press , yet they have recruited some really top guy's in the football World particularly on the playing & recruitment side.
I would imagine they will maximise the clubs ( non existent ) commercial side and we should see real growth in that area.
The stadium guarantee is the game changer , now that any doubt should be removed & we look forward to the opening day.
It's a very low bar they come into but it looks like we will finally be run as business and not a rich man's play thing.

Maybe not the owners most wished for , but probably the owners we need atm.

Given the royal mess Moshiri has made in virtually every other business transaction I can’t say I have a great deal of confidence that this will be a great deal for the club and that is before the rather questionable stuff the new owners have been accused of in the USA.

However we can live in hope that there might be desperately needed improvement in the running of the clubs finances.

I really don’t understand how these presenters and pundits can’t grasp the fact that we could be bought by Bill Gates and Elon Musk and they still couldn’t invest huge amounts into the team without us being slapped with a fine or points deduction. Never mind a multi-club group who aren’t going to inject hundreds of millions into the playing squad.
Totally agree. It’s the same old story with these people, they like to comment on things they have no clue about. If they were good at their jobs, they’d do their homework first before saying anything.

Still waiting for you to confirm that the stadium wasn't going ahead, not even a spade in the ground according to your daughter. Strange though that you never asked her why and when pulled up about it said you'd ask.......still waiting for an answer 4 years later.
It was that they hadn't secured funding - which by the way they are still struggling with 4 years later.

Well carrying on as we were was not an option, the division between board and fans was never going to heal. As with anyone or thing in life it's only fair to judge them on their actions so let's hope for all our sakes they get it right, and if they dont they will be hounded out like the last clowns.

Certainly encouraging that they are appointing these sorts of people. May take a few years to bed in but if they are well intentioned and can sustain the club then fingers crossed it goes to plan. I’m just of the view of wait and see. Things could collapse, although I’m not convinced of that, and if they get all the necessary approvals then we’ll see how it all goes. The days of someone coming in and investing £200 million on players off the bat are over, so a considered, strategic approach to commercial and playing operations is necessary to bring some sort of success. These guys might do it, or they might not.
Yeah, we have no idea how it'll pan out but it's at least encouraging they're putting a decent structure in place. They are obviously not big spending overnight success guys and that's fine because that didn't work for us either, but we need to hope they have the patience and financial ability to sustain things while building more gradually.

Done right and with patience getting a modern, sustainable structure right yields results like Brighton are getting and that appears to be their intent, but the jury's out on whether they can achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back