Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just seems like a massive mess behind the scenes. Between the league, the club, the owner and the takeover, all seems like no one wants to blink first in acknowledging that we are about to go into administration, due to debt and points deductions causing relegation.
All of the above seem to be stalling so they can blame the others for causing it.

Bumping - seems apt given the delays again

The FCA haven’t approved them .
keep seeing them mentioned. They regulate the sale of financial services and financial markets. Most recently effectively banning the sale of GAP motor finance policies (or more accuratley the larger insurers voluntarily pausing sales - FCA been warning for ages that the mark ups are too high and the claims frequency too low). Massive dent to the motor retail sector but in the aim of protecting finance customers.

Sounds irrelevant??

Is it more that the FCA don’t approve you to buy a club, but if you are already disqualified from operating under FCA regs, you are immediately disqualified from owning or being a director of a club?

keep seeing them mentioned. They regulate the sale of financial services and financial markets. Most recently effectively banning the sale of GAP motor finance policies (or more accuratley the larger insurers voluntarily pausing sales - FCA been warning for ages that the mark ups are too high and the claims frequency too low). Massive dent to the motor retail sector but in the aim of protecting finance customers.

Sounds irrelevant??

Is it more that the FCA don’t approve you to buy a club, but if you are already disqualified from operating under FCA regs, you are immediately disqualified from owning or being a director of a club?
The PL brought them into the process fairly recently to approve any potential purchasers and ensure they are financially secure.
Essentially using their expertise to strengthen the system of approval.

I said this last week I think but I don't believe the PL will actually fail them, they set out the criteria you need to hit to pass the test but it seems increasingly like you have infinite time- you can pass or sit in a state of failing to pass but I'm no longer sure that outright rejection comes from the PL. So I wouldn't be expecting the PL to end this process, more likely it'll have to be Moshiri or 777 calling time.
This appears to confirm my theory that there won’t be a formal rejection, so it just becomes a waiting game for someone to pull the plug. Not ideal.

This appears to confirm my theory that there won’t be a formal rejection, so it just becomes a waiting game for someone to pull the plug. Not ideal.

This aligns with my own thoughts.

This will come to a head when 777 stop funding us, at this point Moshiri has to step back in OR we potentially go into Administration.

You'd have to expect that 777 CAN'T provide the information the league are requesting and were probably hoping they would be able to push it through anyway by simply hanging on for as long as possible in the hope the Prem relent. Doesn't look like that's the case.

This will come to a head when 777 stop funding us, at this point Moshiri has to step back in OR we potentially go into Administration.

You'd have to expect that 777 CAN'T provide the information the league are requesting and were probably hoping they would be able to push it through anyway by simply hanging on for as long as possible in the hope the Prem relent. Doesn't look like that's the case.

so would moshiri then owe them?

or if someone else steps in they do?

would mosh let it go to admin?

It’s all so messy. 777 as potential owners won’t want to step aside but at the same time 777 as creditors must at some point have to admit defeat because someone else taking over is better than insolvency and a massive hit on the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back