777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry to the couple of palace fans on here but there's no way we play 2nd fiddle to Lyon if this takeover happens.

Palace have a better squad and manager than us atm but there's a gulf in size between Palace and Everton in terms of history, fanbase and revenue potential.

Whether textor is good or bad the one thing im sure of is that we would be the 'jewel in the Crown' so to speak.
They finished 1 point ahead of us without a 17 point deduction looming over them.

They really don’t.

I have a lot of time for Palace as a club but come on. Whether it’s fan base or facilities the potential of the two clubs isn’t really comparable.

We are just about finished a world class 52000 stadium, Palace are looking at starting a project just to get Selhurst up to 32000. Stadiums aren’t everything but especially in the age of PSR they do massively determine your ultimate ceiling in terms of the revenue you can generate.

On the pitch, Palace have had a very good season to finish 10th and hats off to them. But Everton, at just about our lowest ebb and without a pot to piss in gained one less point on the pitch.

Like I say I like Palace and they seem well run but in the mid-long term Everton’s ceiling is simply way higher.
Yeah. I do think we are a more desirable club atm. That isn’t belittling Palace in any way, it’s just that the stadium is close to done and we have more potential for growth in the modern game.

That and we have potential monster sales in Branthwaite and Onana down the line. You can build a new team with the income from that alone. Whoever ends up owning the team just needs to get it right like Moshiri failed with Lukaku.

They finished 1 point ahead of us without a 17 point deduction looming over them.

They really don’t.
Screenshot_20240528-175619_Chrome.webp

This is their record so far under Glasner.

We have a better goalkeeper and Branthwaite but other than that?

Eze, Olise, Wharton, (Cheick) Doucoure, Mitchell, Muñoz and Mateta all walk into our team.

Far be it from me to defend the so-called Esk but he has finally got something right. I had to look this one up but apparently "whomever" is an object pronoun and "whoever" is a subject pronoun. So "from whomever" would be correct.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind us having access to OL's academy - the best in France.
That's not how he used it, he used it as subject pronoun: "whomever is briefing" - and therefore incorrect.

But as you say, "back on topic".

You think Palace don't have just as much/more potential?
After Arsenal, Everton is the club with the second-longest continuous presence in English top-flight football, and ranks third in the all-time points rankings. The club has won nine league titles, five FA Cups, one European Cup Winners' Cup and nine Charity Shields.
1716917467101.webp
1716917539024.webp

I like Palace, but have a little think before posting on an open forum mate. Bless your heart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back