2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was brought in because sponsors complained.
Whoever scores gets a long closeup, taking your shirt off means the sponsors name can't be seen when it should be getting it's greatest exposure.
I might have known money would be behind it.

But that's not written into the rulebook surely? Refs must protect sponsors logos at all times?

I might have known money would be behind it.

But that's not written into the rulebook surely? Refs must protect sponsors logos at all times?
It will be a technical rules that they have to wear their shirts at all times so the Ref can identify them.
It's certainly in the rule book that you can't remove your shirt.

It will be a technical rules that they have to wear their shirts at all times so the Ref can identify them.
It's certainly in the rule book that you can't remove your shirt.
It's technically because Refs are miserable gits.

“The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to ‘Fouls and Misconduct’, stating: “A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour.”

and

“Under the section “Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees”, the Laws clearly state: “Removing one’s shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy.”

Getting booked for taking your shirt off is so pathetic. The powers that be trying to take spontaneity and excitement out of the pure joy at scoring a goal is sad. VAR has ruined my enjoyment of a goal totally now, I’m always waiting to see how it’s going to get disallowed :(

That being said, I do get annoyed when players do it because it’s a known rule and what if he’d needed to ‘take one for the team’ and pull a player down when we were 2-1 up? He’d have been booked and sent off.

Remember Cahill getting a yellow card for just pulling his shirt over his head (he didn't take it completely off) when he scored the winner against Man City and because it was a second yellow he was sent off.

Remember Cahill getting a yellow card for just pulling his shirt over his head (he didn't take it completely off) when he scored the winner against Man City and because it was a second yellow he was sent off.
It's always been a rule but it wasn't really enforced until 2003 when a few players started lifting their shirts to show political slogans.

Sponsors went mental as they had paid millions for "the advertising space"

Doucs has been sound since we signed him, and his performance was good again on Saturday. One of the first names on the team sheet when he's fit.

Covers lots of ground, looks for the ball and seems to genuinely like being here and trying his best for us, which is a novel change to some of the frauds we have in the squad.

Some people on here have been laying into the feller since day one and need to give their heads a wobble, but it seems they may have moved onto Allan now?!

Keegan had a meltdown over that during his post-match interview, seemingly less concerned that his side had just lost at home.

'They want robots, and they'll get them!'

Daft thing to do which could very well end up with a suspension later which we don't need. So easy to celebrate without taking off the shirt.

Doucs has been sound since we signed him, and his performance was good again on Saturday. One of the first names on the team sheet when he's fit.

Covers lots of ground, looks for the ball and seems to genuinely like being here and trying his best for us, which is a novel change to some of the frauds we have in the squad.

Some people on here have been laying into the feller since day one and need to give their heads a wobble, but it seems they may have moved onto Allan now?!
They were both very average last year. But before anyone flips out Doucoure was better Saturday than at any point last year for my money. That type of performance (minus the stunning goal) becoming his baseline would be massive.

They were both very average last year. But before anyone flips out Doucoure was better Saturday than at any point last year for my money. That type of performance (minus the stunning goal) becoming his baseline would be massive.
They were not average at all and were both miles better than what we have had recently, and didn't deserve the criticism across the full season.

If they were not up to their early season form last season, it's because injuries affected Allan, and then Doucs was stuck with the usual crap next to him.

I'm not flipping out over him either - imo he performed well last season and I hope he can again this, with hopefully more goals.

Some have been calling him a donkey since we got him FFS!

I want more players like Doucs and Allan around them - I'm not gonna lay into them when they are better then our rest.

They were not average at all and were both miles better than what we have had recently, and didn't deserve the criticism across the full season.

If they were not up to their early season form last season, it's because injuries affected Allan, and then Doucs was stuck with the usual crap next to him.

I'm not flipping out over him either - imo he performed well last season and I hope he can again this, with hopefully more goals.

Some have been calling him a donkey since we got him FFS!

I want more players like Doucs and Allan around them - I'm not gonna lay into them when they are better then our rest.
Nah they were average. If there are inarguably six or seven better midfields over the course of a season than you then the best you can do is average. Better than Gomes and Davies isn't the standard for measuring that for me.

Agreed, the fully fit Allan/Doucoure midfield is the reason we went on that boss run beginning of last season and IMO the main factor in us having such an underwhelming second half of the season was because I don’t think they both fit at the same time.

I know, a key player last season. Over the hill 6 months later. It’s like a poorly written soap opera this place sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back