2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be slagged for this but his goal was not that great. Defence allowed him to spin around about 20 times in a very ponderous way while he worked out what to do. Shot was not even that quick. Just abysmal defenders allowing him half an hour to get a shot away.

It was a laser into the top corner off the inside of the post. Lots of great goals are aided by poor defending.

I guess our Rob is just way more NSNO than the rest of us

…the big plus was he was in the box. He’ll never be a Frank Lampard but if he’s willing to hit the box he’ll get easier chances than the one he converted yesterday.

i still think he’s more effective without the ball than with it, getting goal side of breaks with his running power, blocking challenges & spoiling. His passing radar was good yesterday but we have to accept it won’t always be that good. He won’t often reach the heights we just saw but it’s the graft that’s the key.
You could have been as abusive as most :)

It was a laser into the top corner off the inside of the post. Lots of great goals are aided by poor defending.

I guess our Rob is just way more NSNO than the rest of us
No. I was just pointing out that actually the only decent goal was Dom. The other three were just crap defending I am into good defending so maybe my focus is different than most. The Premier Sky generation expect goals and that is it.

No. I was just pointing out that actually the only decent goal was Dom. The other three were just crap defending I am into good defending so maybe my focus is different than most. The Premier Sky generation expect goals and that is it.
There is fault in every goal if looked for. Just listen to the pundits when Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea concede a goal.....they will find a mistake. Only those teams apparently score faultless goals according to pundits

Dom's goal is an own goal. Keeper stopped the forward momentum of the ball with his arm and then bounced it in off his arse.

Dom's goal is an own goal. Keeper stopped the forward momentum of the ball with his arm and then bounced it in off his arse.
I said this and got accused of having been drinking! I had been drinking but still thought it could have been chalked off as an own goal for the reason you stated :)

Must add that I thought it was still a terrific goal

Credit to Benitez for the small adjustment. Let's see how it works out. You can see why Ancelotti had him down for the deep-lying role, but looks like he can do a bit of a Fellaini in the opposition box. Not always pretty but making things happen...plus maybe decent at slotting from the edge of the box. Gotta be optimistic when we can, right?

Maybe bad defending but was great shot was palced away from the keeper. Even rich goal i liked was fast on feet was first to react. For me is both sides have to look at the positives from the goals aswell not just say was down to bad defending

For all the praise about him going forward, he still got stuck in and put in good tackles in defence. He has the engine and the skill set to truly be box to box, so long as he keeps popping up in the other teams box, he’ll get goals. More similar to the role he had at Watford.

Reactions: kev
I said this and got accused of having been drinking! I had been drinking but still thought it could have been chalked off as an own goal for the reason you stated :)

Must add that I thought it was still a terrific goal
I was wondering this too but I think the fact it was on target before the immediate deflection is the deciding factor

Who’s been given it officially?
DCL according to BBC website. Iwobi got the assist which is good for his confidence.

On the Duke if he can add maybe 7+ goals from mid that will be a massive help in addition to all the pressing the recoveries he does.

Arriving late in the box, Dom & Richy will be occupying defenders he should get a few opportunities with all the crosses we will be throwing in. Even yesterday there was a time he was unmarked and got his head on a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back