2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been asked to change his game a bit and get forward more, which suggests he was asked to sit more last season.

If he is capable of playing like that regularly, it shows that more of the problems lay with how the the manager wanted us to play.

Nearly fell over seeing a midfielder in the opposition box scoring from a shot that was well hit. Is this Everton?

I'd already fell over 8 times before his stunning strike. Passing it forward, crosses being winged in on a regular basis, players being first to the ball and snappy in their tackles, a change of plan for the second half that paid dividends, plenty of bottle and aggression and a feeling they were all to a man playing for the shirt.
Simply wonderful to see an Everton side actually acting like the Mighty Blues once more ;)

…but disappointed @Carlito hasn’t posted to consider his pre-match comments regarding Doucoure playing ahead of Rodriguez;

’the scenes if Doucoure is misplacing passes & chasing his first touch whilst a £140k per week playmaker is scratching his arse on the bench’.

The lad isn’t in the same quality street as Rodriguez, to compare one with the other is simply wrong but Doucoure influences football matches in a different way. He was terrific with the ball and without it today.
Even taking away the goal, second half was the best I've seen him play. Easily MotM.

So, am I to tag you next time he has a poor performance, or is this a one-way street?

Even taking away the goal, second half was the best I've seen him play. Easily MotM.

So, am I to tag you next time he has a poor performance, or is this a one-way street?

…ha, ha, sorry, Carl, I was out of order.

I just thought he was an easy scapegoat for Rodriguez not playing when the reality was it was unlikely a choice between the two. Doucoure had his passing radar right yesterday, but it’s not always that accurate and I think we just have to accept that.

I didnt till last year neither. The PFA Inclusion bloke or the Kick it Out bloke used it as an example of the football phrases that are widely accepted, but can be offensive, even though they are not intended to be.
Emailed a couple of lads I grew up with in Toxteth,one with Caribbean parentage the other Ghanaian,news to both of them. Think the BLM movement is looking for things that for 99% of the population don't exist.

that beasting a game , beast mode or being beasted was an issue has never been raised to me in my life before this thread . I can’t count and I mean seriously can’t count how many times I’ve heard it used by people of all ethnicities . I better get on google to check because I don’t want to offend , I’ve even just asked people who I thought might know and they seemed baffled .

everydays a schoolday I suppose , anyway great performance by the duke .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back