2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was mindbogglingly bad with the ball last night, and in some moments off the ball

However i havent seen him this season apart from what he has played under Lampard

If that is his norm id say sell, but i remember him being decent under Carlo. He looked a bit wound up last night,maybe hes just struggled with injuries and the stress of the situation?

Absolutely. Can't stand watching him.
Id have him with a broken metatarsal over Allan, Gomes or Delph.
In a list of players i want shot of he's about 10th down the line.
That being said we should be looking at bringing in better quality.

Id have him with a broken metatarsal over Allan, Gomes or Delph.
In a list of players i want shot of he's about 10th down the line.
That being said we should be looking at bringing in better quality.
The only time this team does well is when the manager concedes midfield, despite Doucoure and two of the three you mentioned costing more than £20m (and even Delph is on big wages).

I'm hoping to see the back of every single centre midfielder at the club. I just happen to dislike Doucoure the most.

A very effective player in the right team structure, but not so good if you are not playing to his strengths, one of the least of our problems.

He is part of the problem at Everton as a whole. He cant create. And he has to many games where his passing is woeful. We're now a club thats "happy" if they have a good days digging in.

He is part of the problem at Everton as a whole. He cant create. And he has to many games where his passing is woeful. We're now a club thats "happy" if they have a good days digging in.
He is a great athlete and can get all over the pitch, he can go from box to box and can help defensively and can make runs into the box from midfield... we just have not been playing him in a way that best suits him.

He is not however a creative midfielder but could work well with one...imo.

He is a great athlete and can get all over the pitch, he can go from box to box and can help defensively and can make runs into the box from midfield... we just have not been playing him in a way that best suits him.

I think the fact that was your first line is the problem.
You dont always have to have one player who can create and one player who cant. Many teams have midfielders who are at least comfortable on the ball and have composure. But listen mate you are talking to someone who absolutely hates our midfield. I watched teams in the championship last season who looked like they had more guile than Evertons.

There is no way that suits a player who is a runner and not a footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.