2024/25 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Just put him at striker if you have to play him and let him run his heart out. Can’t be any more invisible than Dom today. Really need to find a solution for the front two.

He epitomises everything thats wrong with Everton. He wouldnt get anywhere near a team that attempt possession based or intricate passing. Nowhere near. Yet Everton reward players like this with bumper contracts.
He reflects Everton as a perfect example of getting it wrong time and time again.

A complete enigma this guy. I've never been so conflicted over a footballer. When he is on it his workrate, pressing and box runs improve Everton. His goal's have kept us in this league....

....but he's been off it for a while now. And his ball technique is so so so poor (I'm convinced its the worst in the league, sub Beto levels) he has nowhere to hide when the goals have dried up.

But even then, when Doucs doesn't play we very rarely win. He's missed 36 league games since joining us, we have won 3 of those games. The last one being in Feb 2022 v Leeds. He instigates the press and offers an extra body in midfield. I think there are signs this part of his game is dropping off, perhaps with a tactics change if today is anything to go by, but if we don't replace it we are in serious trouble.

A complete enigma this guy. I've never been so conflicted over a footballer. When he is on it his workrate, pressing and box runs improve Everton. His goal's have kept us in this league....

....but he's been off it for a while now. And his ball technique is so so so poor (I'm convinced its the worst in the league, sub Beto levels) he has nowhere to hide when the goals have dried up.

But even then, when Doucs doesn't play we very rarely win. He's missed 36 league games since joining us, we have won 3 of those games. The last one being in Feb 2022 v Leeds. He instigates the press and offers an extra body in midfield. I think there are signs this part of his game is dropping off, perhaps with a tactics change if today is anything to go by, but if we don't replace it we are in serious trouble.

Hes an effective player not a technical one.

We've brought in a technical one.

The idea should be to use both. Progress with options as they offer something different.

Was painful watching it today

Hes an effective player not a technical one.

We've brought in a technical one.

The idea should be to use both. Progress with options as they offer something different.

Was painful watching it today
Right, I agree, Ndiaye should be playing.

But for 4 seasons we have been toast without Doucs in the league. He was awful today and I get why people don't rate him but 36 games of stats don't lie. 4 managers, 4 different styles, haven't found a way to win without Doucoure.

Right, I agree, Ndiaye should be playing.

But for 4 seasons we have been toast without Doucs in the league. He was awful today and I get why people don't rate him but 36 games of stats don't lie. 4 managers, 4 different styles, haven't found a way to win without Doucoure.

Absolutely.

But there's not been any stability. Dyche has had 1 and a half season, 3 transfer windows, and now some players for that position.

It's not about dropping him, it's competition.

And he's not the issue. Dom, McNeil, Harrison are all awful in front of goal.

Half of our attacks died with Doucoure today, and it wasnt because he made mistakes, it was because he was literally too lazy to make an effort. Standing offside over and over again because he cant be bothered to jog 3 feet is criminal to me for a guy who just had two guys brought in to replace him. The one thing he brings is effort, so if he isnt going to give that theres no point to him being out there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back