2024/25 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Works hard off the ball, but rubbish on it. Played as a defender up front. Yes he's scored some important goals, but he's playing in an attacking position, he's supposed to score some goals occasionally. Given the number of times he messes up, maybe those important goals wouldn't have been needed if we had a competant nr10 being selected.
He's a great representation of Dyche's cowardly way of playing. I don't know whether he has a role elsewhere in the middle of the park maybe, it's not his fault (but get onside, jesus), but wish Dyche wouldn't be so conservative and try to score goals, rather than just not concede...it's the basis for his quick attack (aka hoof) approach too. Don't let the defence get too high up the pitch and exposed by working the ball through the midfield and progressing. Scared of losing so we don't try and win.

the He's never been a footballer, he's an athlete, tireless runner, amazing engine, imposing size, but, he couldn't trap a bag of cement, has no football brain and absolutely no clue whatsoever of knowing when to make his run, or how to bend his run in order to stay onside. I can see how valuable his athleticism has been to Dyche, but,, he is now at the age when the powerhouse fitness thing starts to go and it has started to go.

the He's never been a footballer, he's an athlete, tireless runner, amazing engine, imposing size, but, he couldn't trap a bag of cement, has no football brain and absolutely no clue whatsoever of knowing when to make his run, or how to bend his run in order to stay onside. I can see how valuable his athleticism has been to Dyche, but,, he is now at the age when the powerhouse fitness thing starts to go and it has started to go.
I’ve spent my life thinking that. He’s under 6 foot in his socks. 3cm shorter than Ivan Toney who isn’t imposing. Its one one of life’s mysteries. Commentators always mention him alongside JB, Onana, Dom when saying how threatening we are at corners. Doucs is 1cm shorter than “Patto”.

Scored vital vital goals. But a player properly suited to that position would be better off scoring a couple less, but laying on 10 goals for our lonely striker.

He has defo done his bit in terms of running and effort. But a sensible Saudi bid of around £90million would be well timed for all parties.

Couldn't have put it better myself

1000038905.jpg

The idea that we only win when he plays needs more rigorous scientific testing. Our wins aren’t all because he made a big difference, but when we lose he is always utterly abysmal, never one of those that is the best of a bad bunch. He sets the tone for so much of what we are bad at. Namely football.

IMG_1125.jpeg

Last edited:
Appreciative of that Doucs has done, has had some important moments for us in recent years but with ten months left on his contract, the squad in desperate need for improvement and him struggling to make an impact i think it’d be ideal if we could cash in for him and bring in some new reinforcements.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back