Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Accepting where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
That we've gone years backwards ! Accepting that we're back in the late 90,s ! Even some of the football then was better then this home game a 6-0 win a Kevin Campbell hat trick

You know, when failure happens when success was expected you get to see true character. Its what separates those that succeed from those that fade into nothingness. Failure does not separate it, because it happens to everyone one, in large quantities. But what separates the men from the boys is those that see it as an opportunity to learn on the way to success, or those that see it as "Well I guess this is the best I will get, cant do any better".

You can sadly believe something thats not true, but Moshiri wont, and thats ultimately what will propel Everton to succeed. LCFC won the league 2 years ago.

I fully agree. I still get messages off work mates whenever we get smashed, and they sound surprised, like we shouldn't be getting pumped 4:0 by Tottenham. My last reply to my Dutch mate (who told me Klaassen would never work out for us and was massively overpriced) was "I keep telling you we are ****."

I know we're crap, I have lost all hope, I think I'll celebrate avoiding relegation, should we make it, like we've just made the top four, as I genuinely feel we are the worst team in the league.

I just don't think all is lost. I still believe a bright future is ahead the question I have is what Koeman & Co. did isn't easily repaired is it? Two years perhaps three with the right guidance and instruction and just maybe before we move to our new digs we will be relevant again and fight for silverware. We must find a more attractive and potent attack. We at the moment are at a standstill with very little quality to succeed. We finger point week and week out to no avail. A dark cloud has fallen over our entire squad and Allardyce isn't the person to change that. If we trudge on and slog through this term then this Summer will be a time for reflection and determine our dire needs with more haste. At some point in time the puzzle will come together but you could see in the second half at Spurs it remains a very distant target.

But why, why do that to yourself? What can change enough between now and the end of the season to mean that we start the 18/19 season in a position that means the future looks bright? Moshiri still won't have paid for the rest of the shares, Elstone will still be bouncing round playing angry birds on the tanning bed, we'll no doubt have received no further news on stadium plans and we'll have sold a couple more players to enable the purchase of players that are either looking to re-build their career or those that can't make it at top clubs and within 6 months demonstrate exactly why they didn't make it when given the chance.

Sadly the opportunity to close the gap has passed us by and I genuinely think we're about where we should be in the league. Someone mentioned how small the gap between us and Tottenham was just a few seasons ago, they pushed on as have others and we got left behind.

I think the Walsh experiment has largely failed - his job is to build a balanced squad in tune with the type of football our manager wants to play. Either we appoint a new DoF or abandon the concept altogether - my preference would be a new DoF as most coaches these days seem to concentrate on running the team and not looking for players

Allardyce was a sensible interim appointment as it looked like we were heading towards oblivion, but that's all it is really

I will accept whatever happens this season as we messed it up from the very beginning, with the mistakes in the transfer window being the catalyst and once the rot had set in I don't think there was really any realistic way of salvaging it.

I can't and won't accept mediocrity in the long term though - we have an owner who at least says he won't accept it either and I simply want mistakes learned from and addressed this summer with new people brought in.

Spurs have shown how to do it and look at Arsenal - they're losing all of their best players and becoming very much the 6th club of the top 6. They can be caught and surpassed as Spurs have shown, but it has to be done by learning from your mistakes, something we have the opportunity to show we have done this summer

As the season has progressed I've began to just kind of accept where we are and what we now are as a football club.

We hear all these arguments about whether we're still a big club or not, some base that on fan base, others on trophies won in recent history and others on trophies won in the clubs history as a whole. However what you can't dispute is that we're now a very mediocre club, run in a very mediocre way and we've fallen so far behind clubs who we once considered our rivals that it's frightening.

If you looked at the goings on at another club, say West Ham as an example and saw them bring in Steve Walsh, followed by Allardyce (which they obviously have done), Sammy Lee and Craig Shakespeare we'd have absolutely pissed ourselves but it wouldn't have come as a surprise. We now find ourselves in the position where that's the best we can attract, our players are cherry picked by the top clubs and we aren't a big enough pull to attract players that will haul us back to where we want to be.

So, it saddens me to say that I've accepted what we are as it stands, a poor mid table premier league club which doesn't look like an attractive proposition to the players we need to help us progress, one where the best youth players will be sold off to balance the books, or simply because they request to leave as silverware at Everton is unlikely.

Anyway, there'd be far less angst if we just kind of accepted where we are and stopped trying to pretend we're still something we're not, stop with the utter delusion that pours out of a good number of us. I still have hope that one day we'll get back to the top of English football, but for the time being and with the staff the club currently chose to employ I've put any of those thoughts to the back of my mind.
We missed a boat that sailed years ago.And its about time we realised it and acted accordingly.Wolves have more money behind them than we do.We sacked an under performing manager and were turned down by one who's last job ended in relegation.If we can keep some of our better young players and find a few bargains,we might (with a fair slice of luck) have the odd decent cup run,maybe in an exceptional season make 7th and get a few games in the group stages of the EL.As for winning trophies and playing in the CL that's just one for the history books.

Get a decent coach in. Recruit sensibly, balance the squad and remove some of the rotten core. Play attractive football. Keep said coach in for a few years, and back him in the transfer markets and you never know. It ain't turning around soon mind.

I fully accept this is where we are. But I don't accept it as being good enough and I don't accept the board seeing this as good enough. Everyone at the club should be working their assess off to improve things but they aren't.

That is what the board want every fan to think. Pay your money, make up the crowd to keep the tv companies interested, but we have no interest in success at all.

Really fans should just boycott every game until the board stop being s complete and utter embarrassment. Instead we sell out every week. Why should they change anything, the punters turn up regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back