Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Accepting where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of us have excepted were we are as a club for very long time now. Why do you think Moyes was so highly regarded by some of our fans? The penny is finally dropping for others that there is no quick fix and this club won't be challenging for titles or cups for a very long time yet. This is why the atmosphere has been so awful at Goodison on recent years. Some fans have been fooling themselves that the good times would come back "new season" but it never does.

Look, Everton will always be the biggest club in the world to me but the truth is we have been almost completely irrelevant to the game for going on thirty years now. Its time to wake up and except the reailty of the situation, if you think those of us who do except things as they are, are somehow holding the club back, I think your deluding yourselves and living in a fantasy land.

Make no apologies for wheeling out the same old same old, but in my opinion our problems stem from poor leadership. We have endured years of Bill scratching around down the back of the sofa while promising new dawns like kings dock and Chris Samuelson and now we have a muddled structure with Moshiri and Bill sharing responsibility for running the club, it's utter madness. Until and unless we have clear, direct leadership at the top the club will lurch from bad to worse to mediocre.

As the season has progressed I've began to just kind of accept where we are and what we now are as a football club.

We hear all these arguments about whether we're still a big club or not, some base that on fan base, others on trophies won in recent history and others on trophies won in the clubs history as a whole. However what you can't dispute is that we're now a very mediocre club, run in a very mediocre way and we've fallen so far behind clubs who we once considered our rivals that it's frightening.

If you looked at the goings on at another club, say West Ham as an example and saw them bring in Steve Walsh, followed by Allardyce (which they obviously have done), Sammy Lee and Craig Shakespeare we'd have absolutely pissed ourselves but it wouldn't have come as a surprise. We now find ourselves in the position where that's the best we can attract, our players are cherry picked by the top clubs and we aren't a big enough pull to attract players that will haul us back to where we want to be.

So, it saddens me to say that I've accepted what we are as it stands, a poor mid table premier league club which doesn't look like an attractive proposition to the players we need to help us progress, one where the best youth players will be sold off to balance the books, or simply because they request to leave as silverware at Everton is unlikely.

Anyway, there'd be far less angst if we just kind of accepted where we are and stopped trying to pretend we're still something we're not, stop with the utter delusion that pours out of a good number of us. I still have hope that one day we'll get back to the top of English football, but for the time being and with the staff the club currently chose to employ I've put any of those thoughts to the back of my mind.

I can't deny thats where we are but the fact we are in such a state is down to terrible recruitment this squad has had a quarter of a billion pound spent on it, do you not think the fanbase should expect a teeny bit more quality for the money.

We are exactly where we deserve to be with the ownership/board we have, jobs for the boys, no accountability for any of the varied messes, we are the football club equivalent of the Tory party

Elstone fails for years - gets promoted to CEO and on the board
Walsh fails massively and pisses 200m up a wall, gets to hand-pick the manager of his choice
Allardyce fails - gets praised by the owner as overachieving and will probably get a contract increase
Players that have failed for years - get rewarded with new contracts until they want to retire at the club
Chairman/owner failed for 20 years, gets clapped by a lot of the fans as a true blue

Player who throws away his career, gets involved in drug dealing and taking, gets brought back to the club for another chance
Player who jumps ship at 18 to Man U, gets brought back when washed up on the clubs biggest ever salary

and round and round we go

Make no apologies for wheeling out the same old same old, but in my opinion our problems stem from poor leadership. We have endured years of Bill scratching around down the back of the sofa while promising new dawns like kings dock and Chris Samuelson and now we have a muddled structure with Moshiri and Bill sharing responsibility for running the club, it's utter madness. Until and unless we have clear, direct leadership at the top the club will lurch from bad to worse to mediocre.

Elstone actually runs the club doesn't he? Bill/Moshiri just own it.

As the season has progressed I've began to just kind of accept where we are and what we now are as a football club.

We hear all these arguments about whether we're still a big club or not, some base that on fan base, others on trophies won in recent history and others on trophies won in the clubs history as a whole. However what you can't dispute is that we're now a very mediocre club, run in a very mediocre way and we've fallen so far behind clubs who we once considered our rivals that it's frightening.

If you looked at the goings on at another club, say West Ham as an example and saw them bring in Steve Walsh, followed by Allardyce (which they obviously have done), Sammy Lee and Craig Shakespeare we'd have absolutely pissed ourselves but it wouldn't have come as a surprise. We now find ourselves in the position where that's the best we can attract, our players are cherry picked by the top clubs and we aren't a big enough pull to attract players that will haul us back to where we want to be.

So, it saddens me to say that I've accepted what we are as it stands, a poor mid table premier league club which doesn't look like an attractive proposition to the players we need to help us progress, one where the best youth players will be sold off to balance the books, or simply because they request to leave as silverware at Everton is unlikely.

Anyway, there'd be far less angst if we just kind of accepted where we are and stopped trying to pretend we're still something we're not, stop with the utter delusion that pours out of a good number of us. I still have hope that one day we'll get back to the top of English football, but for the time being and with the staff the club currently chose to employ I've put any of those thoughts to the back of my mind.

Depressing but true reflection of where we are.

I actually did accept that we were never going to amount to anything prior to Moshiri taking over. I detest Kenwright and always knew he would one day run us into the ground.

Now, though, Moshiri came in with all this guff of nothing ever being the same again. Kenwright with his usual drama queen ways said that the plans for this club were unbelievable, etc. They whipped up a frenzy of optimism and it has been completely unfounded.

I hate every single decision maker at this club. They have destroyed us. It is time to scrap the lot of them. The fans need to unite against them.

Now they’ve let a crook indoors, in Fat Sam, who will ensure financial meltdown won’t be too far away with his dodgy deals, especially with his bezzy Walsh holding the purse strings.

Actually sobbing reading this

i%2Blove%2Byo%2Bman.gif

That is what the board want every fan to think. Pay your money, make up the crowd to keep the tv companies interested, but we have no interest in success at all.

Really fans should just boycott every game until the board stop being s complete and utter embarrassment. Instead we sell out every week. Why should they change anything, the punters turn up regardless.

The only reason Goodison is largely a sell out every week is because of the Bramley Moore Dock carrot that is being dangled! That carrot goes away and, at the moment (!), a pretty large chunk of that crowd goes away!

We're basically Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back