Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me he is going to be really good here... things I do notice from clips I see of him is he always has 2 or more players on him, like Lukaku, this is a benefit for us obviously because it free's up our other players at the very least.
The main thing Everton struggle with is breaking down two banks of four so the more players marking him the better.

In terms of his final ball, it is very rare we just lump the ball into the box, we usually play it around the edge so I don't think final ball is a deal breaker.

Probably been posted before but he seems boss on Youtube and for that reason I'm... err, hopeful.

[video=youtube;YApU_AlIYio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApU_AlIYio[/video]

I wonder how the team will be shuffled to accommodate him?
It's clear that Martinez has been long time admirer, and he is going to be more than just the occasional benchwarmer. Is he going to compete directly with Mirallas for that wide-right position?

I wonder how the team will be shuffled to accommodate him?
It's clear that Martinez has been long time admirer, and he is going to be more than just the occasional benchwarmer. Is he going to compete directly with Mirallas for that wide-right position?

I'd think Mirallas will move to the left and Pienaar will become a bench warmer.

It should be Deulofeu or McGeady for RW, Mirallas on the left and Pienaar behind Lukaku until RB is fit.

It's going to take McGeady possibly three weeks (or more) to get his fitness and sharpness back. Deulofeu could be the same. Depending on how long Barkley is out for, they might all be ready at roughly the same time. Pienaar might be carrying an injury too.

We might end up with three from Oviedo/Osman/Mirallas and Naismith for the next game or two.

"I am absolutely delighted. It has sort of been a long time coming. There was talk over the summer that something might happen, but I am just delighted that it's done and dusted now.

"I was close to joining the manager a year ago when he was at Wigan. He has obviously come here and proved a lot of people wrong. He plays football the right way and got a few good results along the way. I just want to play for a big club like this and I am relishing the challenge.

"I have said for a long time now that I wanted to try myself in the Premier League. Now I have a big chance at a great club, under a good manager. I couldn't be happier. It's a dream move really.

"I just want to concentrate on getting myself fit. I have not played for a long time and I have been off for the last month or so. Hopefully I can get into the team and start playing and winning games."

Nice words from Geads, got a good feeling about this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back