Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no sense to me why he shouldn't be ready?

Clearly Spartak didn't want him, but didn't he want to get a new club in January? So in hindsight he should be as fit as he's ever been, he may be lacking match fitness, but not overall fitness, surely?

It may be the Russian Winter Break too, but i can't envisage all the Russians, just sitting off with their feet up for 3 months, so why would he?

It makes no sense to me why he shouldn't be ready?

Clearly Spartak didn't want him, but didn't he want to get a new club in January? So in hindsight he should be as fit as he's ever been, he may be lacking match fitness, but not overall fitness, surely?

It may be the Russian Winter Break too, but i can't envisage all the Russians, just sitting off with their feet up for 3 months, so why would he?

Looked chubby yesterday.

Last played in November mate and was sent to train with the reserves/kids since then

Would imagine this week will all be about seeing where he is fitness wise. I would also imagine McGeady expecting this move would of had common sense enough to start to get himself in shape. We don't play for 9 days, so the bench could be a possibility for WBA. I'd expect his first start will be the fa cup.

Would imagine this week will all be about seeing where he is fitness wise. I would also imagine McGeady expecting this move would of had common sense enough to start to get himself in shape. We don't play for 9 days, so the bench could be a possibility for WBA. I'd expect his first start will be the fa cup.

I think he will play in the cup game, maybe as a sub tbh, he looked more than a week away from starting shape, bit of a gibbo look about him atm, could have just been misleading though as figured he'd not been getting much sleep sorting the deal etc, figure martinez will want him on the bench and not goosed for the derby so reckon a 30-45 minute run out in the cup, maybe last 20 vs west brom depending on the scoreline

Think he'll see some minutes at Stevenage, he'd also get games for the U21's too. Think he'll be on the bench for the game against Liverpool, as will Deulofeu.

Unless we can get a front 4 comprising

McGeady Pienaar Mirallas

Lukaku

I'd much prefer that. Go out and attack

McGeady needs to seriously get on the training ground then mate and lose that extra weight he's got atm, anything but Osman starting would be a huge plus though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back