Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be both, a la Drenthe.

I always thought Moyes wasn't the last character in the world to channel his talent (not that I think McGeady is the same type as him off the field...he can be fiery, but I think he's more focused and driven than Drenthe).

McGeady is a very flawed player, but for £1m there's nothing to worry about. He's a massive improvement on the likes of Gueye and Naismith if nothing else.

I have to say though, he's not the type I imagined Martinez would ever be interested in. I'd have guessed he chews the ball too much for our man's taste.

Will he be ready to go in time for Anfield? With Barkley out maybe play Mirallas behind Lukaku and McGeady on the wing?

I think it's pushing it for him to be fit 2 weeks from now. Having not played since 23rd November, Tenerife will be like the start of his pre-season. We normally take about a month to get ready for the new season, so he's going to be rusty until about the Palace game probably.

When he McGeady spins someone I'm going to run on the pitch and give him all the money I have on me at the time.

Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back