Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. I assumed we brought Heitinga on against Norwich as a goodbye. There's no way Martinez thought it was a good idea, tactically, to bring on a CB and play 3 at back, at home, with a 19 year old who's played 2 full Premier League games. He would had known that Norwich would turn up the tempo in an attempt to score a couple of late goals. So to make that defensive sub and give them confidence to do that was moronic.
Kind of ironic then that when he did come on he actually played well..

Kind of ironic then that when he did come on he actually played well..

He's lacked application since being voted our player of the year, certainly a good player on his day but when it goes wrong it goes really wrong, Kone bullied him last season to the dismay of everyone, can remember Johnny doing some half assed side step whilst Arouna just jogged in on goal to finish, wanted Heitinga gone since then.

I think there may be a game over there before they come back tomorrow. Just a practice one. So he may have a little bit of action behind closed doors. I don't think he'll be as unfit as what people think he would.

He'll get some game time against WBA.

He's lacked application since being voted our player of the year, certainly a good player on his day but when it goes wrong it goes really wrong, Kone bullied him last season to the dismay of everyone, can remember Johnny doing some half assed side step whilst Arouna just jogged in on goal to finish, wanted Heitinga gone since then.

I wanted him gone after Villa last season.

I think there may be a game over there before they come back tomorrow. Just a practice one. So he may have a little bit of action behind closed doors. I don't think he'll be as unfit as what people think he would.

He'll get some game time against WBA.

He'll also have the chance to play for the Under 21s. Think he'll definitely be apart of the Liverpool game 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back