Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be ready to play sooner than was originally thought:_

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/16/martinez-mcgeady-looking-sharp?

“Having Aiden here is giving that relationship extra time,” said Martinez to evertontv. “He is part of the group now and all of sudden he knows every player, he can spend time with everyone and in terms of the training he is getting a lot of advantage in being able to get good work in and understand all the football concepts that the team has, so it’s been very beneficial.”

Given the Irishman has played little football of late, the intensive training is the ideal preparation for the start of his Everton career.

“His situation is that he hasn’t done anything for six weeks,” adds Martinez. “That means he has been de-trained a little bit.

“But he has been working on his own and keeping himself fit so he has been getting a lot of benefit straight away. Every session you can see him getting sharper.

“Regaining his match fitness is going to be all-important. It’s a little bit too early to say but I see the mentality is right and he is ready to help the team straight away. Physically we are going to have to bide our time and assess every session how he develops.

“Every session makes a big difference and that is down to his personal natural fitness.”

From the Everton website :

Roberto Martinez has revealed that Aiden McGeady could make his Everton debut in Monday evening’s match against West Bromwich Albion.

The Republic of Ireland international joined from Spartak Moscow on Saturday and has spent the last week training alongside his new teammates in Tenerife.

McGeady is not yet in peak physical condition but Martinez has been impressed enough with 27-year-old’s fitness levels to include him in his squad for the trip to the Hawthorns.

So yeah, maybe a sub in the 70th minute?

It'll be this on Monday:

HOWARD
COLEMAN - JAGIELKA - DISTIN - BAINES
BARRY
MIRALLAS - OSMAN - MCCARTHY - PIENAAR
LUKAKU

Should be this though:

HOWARD
COLEMAN - JAGIELKA - STONES - BAINES
BARRY
PIENAAR - MCCARTHY - OVIEDO
MIRALLAS
LUKAKU

I'm excited for this at the end of the month:

HOWARD
COLEMAN - JAGIELKA - STONES - BAINES
BARRY - MCCARTHY
DEULOFEU ----- BARKLEY ----- MIRALLAS
LUKAKU

... with McGeady, Distin, Alcaraz, Oviedo, Pienaar all capable of coming in and playing just as well as any of those in their positions in the XI above.

Last edited:
We're building an actual squad which moyes could never do (not his fault) and I like that! More so we need it!!

So whose "fault" was it, then?

If Uncle Billy was at "fault" then how come El Bob seems able, in your eyes, to build a squad under what appears to be the same financial circumstances?

To many to enumerate Goatee, but i will also give you Ray Wilson. How about Duncan Mackenzie, Gary Lineker?

Duncan Mac and Lineker for sure.

Then there was Bally himself just after the World Cup.....Big Bob, of course...Rioch and Todd.....Pat Nevin (thanks to that bugger Pearce we never saw the best of Patsy)....Kanchelskis....Limpar....Slaven Bilic....

Even boys like Barmby and VDM had a certain "wow" factor when they were bought.

Those are some of the name which me go "wow" when we signed them....maybe they didn't all live up to expectation but the fans were suitably impressed when they were signed.

WBA v Everton

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
--------McCarthy Barry
McGeady Mirallas Pienaar/Oviedo
----------Lukaku

I'd try Mirallas out before the Derby in that role in case Barkley doesn't make it.

WBA v Everton

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
--------McCarthy Barry
McGeady Mirallas Pienaar/Oviedo
----------Lukaku

I'd try Mirallas out before the Derby in that role in case Barkley doesn't make it.

100%...if Ossie Osbourne makes another guest appearance in that role, and in the Derby, I will cry...no offense Mr Osbourne...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back