Status
Not open for further replies.
WBA v Everton

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
--------McCarthy Barry
McGeady Mirallas Pienaar/Oviedo
----------Lukaku

I'd try Mirallas out before the Derby in that role in case Barkley doesn't make it.

Why do you think Mirallas would be good in that role Dave?

Pienaar in the middle before Mirallas any time. Stevies got the work rate and vision to be of use there, Mirallas would only suit the role of a 'shadow striker' in that position when we've played so long with a playmaker there. Asking a lot to change our approach.

Pienaar in the middle before Mirallas any time. Stevies got the work rate and vision to be of use there, Mirallas would only suit the role of a 'shadow striker' in that position when we've played so long with a playmaker there. Asking a lot to change our approach.

Indeed. Especially as Mirallas' preferred position is wide on the left.

But it'll be Osman.

*sigh

I don't get all the Osman hate. For 60 minutes or so in the derby I would prefer him to any of the other options, assuming Ross is out. Can help us to dominate possession and will put a shift in. Then can take him off and give McGeady half an hour to run at whichever full back looks ****ed/ is on a booking.

I don't get all the Osman hate. For 60 minutes or so in the derby I would prefer him to any of the other options, assuming Ross is out. Can help us to dominate possession and will put a shift in. Then can take him off and give McGeady half an hour to run at whichever full back looks ****ed/ is on a booking.

Personally I'd have it the other way round providing McG is fit enough. Oz is better coming off the bench these days.

Personally I'd have it the other way round providing McG is fit enough. Oz is better coming off the bench these days.

In any other game maybe, but in a derby we need our cool heads and people who are going to help us retain possession. Overall he is a squad player but you needs players with experience to start the massive games, like Giggs did at United the last couple of years.

Mirallas has played through the middle fairly often this season. In fact he's always looked pretty effective from that position. So either's fine with me.

In any other game maybe, but in a derby we need our cool heads and people who are going to help us retain possession. Overall he is a squad player but you needs players with experience to start the massive games, like Giggs did at United the last couple of years.

That's it settled then. Mc Geady to start against WBA and Osman to start the derby. All of which could be immaterial as hopefully RB will be back.

This is probably the best video you will find of Aiden from his time at Spartak, although it is 2 years old! Surprisingly it has a good song attached to it too! Anyway I recommend everyone to watch (y)

[video=youtube;DklGtHsCfKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklGtHsCfKU[/video]

He does have the ability to make defenders look stupid. Notice how in this there are a lot of clips where he is playing more central, not just on the wing. My personal favorite part of the video is at 5.20 (y)

Can't wait to seem him. Looks like a tricky and pacy player who can also play through the middle.

This is probably the best video you will find of Aiden from his time at Spartak, although it is 2 years old! Surprisingly it has a good song attached to it too! Anyway I recommend everyone to watch (y)

[video=youtube;DklGtHsCfKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklGtHsCfKU[/video]

He does have the ability to make defenders look stupid. Notice how in this there are a lot of clips where he is playing more central, not just on the wing. My personal favorite part of the video is at 5.20 (y)

Why do you think Mirallas would be good in that role Dave?

Sorry, didn't see this.

Yeah, I think he could be a real driving force from there and maybe have a better understanding of Lukaku's movement than Ross has. I've been critical of his final ball, but he does have most assists to his name. I dont think he has the close control of Barkley, but he's no mug either and he wont be easily stripped of the ball. For the Derby i think it's vitally important you get at their dodgy midfield and rock them back on their heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back