Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
zp_PA-18721764_2456.jpg

Chubby.. yeah.

Martinez on Geads. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...o-sign-Lionel-Messi-recommended-Aiden-McGeady Obviously has a lot of faith in him.

Martinez said: “The first time I saw McGeady was in 2007. It was a derby between Rangers and Celtic and he was special. He was a match winner, playing with his socks down at that time. I love a player who can enjoy a one-on-one situation like him. I enquired but we were at Swansea and we couldn’t afford him. When he went to Spartak for £10million I thought the price was about right for a player of that quality. The scouts, though, have been taking trips out to Russia to watch him. But I took advantage every time he played in the Champions League. Obviously in the Nou Camp and at Celtic Park. I saw him a few times.

“The Champions League is something he enjoys. If you watch the game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, afterwards top players like Messi and Xavi highlighted Aiden McGeady. That was from them. That just tells the whole story. That's not a bad recommendation coming from Messi and Xavi.”

Even then, capturing Republic of Ireland star McGeady was still the impossible dream– until Martinez discovered that there was a cold war between the player and his club.
Martinez added: “I think the first six months he was terrific, played Champions League football with Spartak and did really well.
But then, as always happens when you go to Russia, you hit a little bit of a difficult period after the first season. Since then I tried to get him in every window I could. With Wigan as well. The difference this time was that he was out of contract in the summer. Previously, Spartak had no need to sell. They didn’t need the money and they didn’t want to lose Aiden. Then the player wasn’t going to sign a new contract. So it was a power struggle. If I’m honest with you, I knew he’d come to us in the summer as soon as he finished his contract at Spartak. But I didn’t think we would have the opportunity to get him now.”

This is probably the best video you will find of Aiden from his time at Spartak, although it is 2 years old! Surprisingly it has a good song attached to it too! Anyway I recommend everyone to watch (y)

[video=youtube;DklGtHsCfKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklGtHsCfKU[/video]

He does have the ability to make defenders look stupid. Notice how in this there are a lot of clips where he is playing more central, not just on the wing. My personal favorite part of the video is at 5.20 (y)

Imagine him running at Cissokho in the derby, we'd need to call the fire brigade to come and untangle Cissokho's legs

Martinez on Geads. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...o-sign-Lionel-Messi-recommended-Aiden-McGeady Obviously has a lot of faith in him.

Martinez said: “The first time I saw McGeady was in 2007. It was a derby between Rangers and Celtic and he was special. He was a match winner, playing with his socks down at that time. I love a player who can enjoy a one-on-one situation like him. I enquired but we were at Swansea and we couldn’t afford him. When he went to Spartak for £10million I thought the price was about right for a player of that quality. The scouts, though, have been taking trips out to Russia to watch him. But I took advantage every time he played in the Champions League. Obviously in the Nou Camp and at Celtic Park. I saw him a few times.

“The Champions League is something he enjoys. If you watch the game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, afterwards top players like Messi and Xavi highlighted Aiden McGeady. That was from them. That just tells the whole story. That's not a bad recommendation coming from Messi and Xavi.”

Even then, capturing Republic of Ireland star McGeady was still the impossible dream– until Martinez discovered that there was a cold war between the player and his club.
Martinez added: “I think the first six months he was terrific, played Champions League football with Spartak and did really well.
But then, as always happens when you go to Russia, you hit a little bit of a difficult period after the first season. Since then I tried to get him in every window I could. With Wigan as well. The difference this time was that he was out of contract in the summer. Previously, Spartak had no need to sell. They didn’t need the money and they didn’t want to lose Aiden. Then the player wasn’t going to sign a new contract. So it was a power struggle. If I’m honest with you, I knew he’d come to us in the summer as soon as he finished his contract at Spartak. But I didn’t think we would have the opportunity to get him now.”

As usual, I'm not expecting anything special but the nominal fee + Martinez unusually perfect eye for talent lead me to feel confident, I hate to mention the arl YouTube bideo but he does look impressive there, I'm going try and find a 90 min game of him and see what I can decide from a faux couch scout perspective.

As usual, I'm not expecting anything special but the nominal fee + Martinez unusually perfect eye for talent lead me to feel confident, I hate to mention the arl YouTube bideo but he does look impressive there, I'm going try and find a 90 min game of him and see what I can decide from a faux couch scout perspective.

EVERTON-Aroune-Kone-signed-from-Wigan-for-%C2%A36m-2038362.jpg

Kone will get 20 goals next season.

Isn't it amazing how dismissive people are of him? He hasn't had a good run of games. People are judging him by 2 or 3 games where he just couldn't finish, might of been nervous but at least he was in the right positions and that though.

Isn't it amazing how dismissive people are of him? He hasn't had a good run of games. People are judging him by 2 or 3 games where he just couldn't finish, might of been nervous but at least he was in the right positions and that though.

In the games he did play he looked a lot better than jelavic had for nearly two seasons, yet people are writing him off because it's 'cool' too it seems. Morons really, shouldn't judge a player unless he's had a run of at least 5-6 games, even then it's steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back