Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even of his end product isn't 100%, at least we have another sub who we can bring on and really give the other team something to think about and fear. I imagine left backs breathe a huge sigh of relief when mirallas is replaced with Naismith....

Even of his end product isn't 100%, at least we have another sub who we can bring on and really give the other team something to think about and fear. I imagine left backs breathe a huge sigh of relief when mirallas is replaced with Naismith....

Agreed. Worst case senario is that come the end of the month we'll have the likes of Deulofeu and McGeady to bring on off the bench.

Martinez on Geads. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...o-sign-Lionel-Messi-recommended-Aiden-McGeady Obviously has a lot of faith in him.

Martinez said: “The first time I saw McGeady was in 2007. It was a derby between Rangers and Celtic and he was special. He was a match winner, playing with his socks down at that time. I love a player who can enjoy a one-on-one situation like him. I enquired but we were at Swansea and we couldn’t afford him. When he went to Spartak for £10million I thought the price was about right for a player of that quality. The scouts, though, have been taking trips out to Russia to watch him. But I took advantage every time he played in the Champions League. Obviously in the Nou Camp and at Celtic Park. I saw him a few times.

“The Champions League is something he enjoys. If you watch the game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, afterwards top players like Messi and Xavi highlighted Aiden McGeady. That was from them. That just tells the whole story. That's not a bad recommendation coming from Messi and Xavi.”

Even then, capturing Republic of Ireland star McGeady was still the impossible dream– until Martinez discovered that there was a cold war between the player and his club.
Martinez added: “I think the first six months he was terrific, played Champions League football with Spartak and did really well.
But then, as always happens when you go to Russia, you hit a little bit of a difficult period after the first season. Since then I tried to get him in every window I could. With Wigan as well. The difference this time was that he was out of contract in the summer. Previously, Spartak had no need to sell. They didn’t need the money and they didn’t want to lose Aiden. Then the player wasn’t going to sign a new contract. So it was a power struggle. If I’m honest with you, I knew he’d come to us in the summer as soon as he finished his contract at Spartak. But I didn’t think we would have the opportunity to get him now.”

Kone will get 20 goals next season.

I like it when the d-man endorses a player. Every successful Everton player needs this blessing.

And let me ask you dear posters - when has davek ever been proven wrong over a player?

Exactly.

I like it when the d-man endorses a player. Every successful Everton player needs this blessing.

And let me ask you dear posters - when has davek ever been proven wrong over a player?

Exactly.

Voice of reason this. ^^^

It's strange with Kone. If he'd been bought when Martinez was firmly established as the Catalan magician we now know him as, then (quiet start + injured spell or not) he'd be given the benefit of the doubt. But because he was brought in when Martinez was pretty much an unknown quantity, had the Ramadan issue and failed to score early, he was labelled a huge waste of money. The feller's played barely a PL game in dribs and drabs in sum total for us.

Needs half a season (minimum) playing time to be written off, IMO. He'll come good.

Not Sure if this has been posted before so apols if it has.

http://talkingbaws.com/2014/01/19/a...geady-family-who-everton-have-tried-to-sign/?

Seems to be a letter from Everton after a trial by Aiden's dad with the Blues while he was at school. Interesting stuff if true.

Aiden McGeady sealed a sensational move to Everton*from Spartak Moscow two weeks ago.

But he isn’t the first from the McGeady family who has been a target for the Goodison Park club.

In 1973, his dad John spent time on trial in Liverpool – and Everton’s then Youth Development Officer was very impressed as shown in this letter he sent to John’s parents:

<<pic shown on link above>>

For whatever reason the move failed to come off, with John instead signing for Sheffield United before going on to play for the Southern California Lazers and Newport County than then ending his short career in 1979.

Last edited:
Voice of reason this. ^^^

It's strange with Kone. If he'd been bought when Martinez was firmly established as the Catalan magician we now know him as, then (quiet start + injured spell or not) he'd be given the benefit of the doubt. But because he was brought in when Martinez was pretty much an unknown quantity, had the Ramadan issue and failed to score early, he was labelled a huge waste of money. The feller's played barely a PL game in dribs and drabs in sum total for us.

Needs half a season (minimum) playing time to be written off, IMO. He'll come good.

No time for somebody that would rather pray than play.

Just seen the interview on the OS, he mentions Coleman and J-Mc being mates because of their ages. Wonder if there are any other cliques at the club, can imagine LB just having his headphones on most of the time listening to Aztec Camera.

Just seen the interview on the OS, he mentions Coleman and J-Mc being mates because of their ages. Wonder if there are any other cliques at the club, can imagine LB just having his headphones on most of the time listening to Aztec Camera.

Leighton's into Tame Impala, too. The cool b@stard.

Mcgeady is brilliant, honestly he will take this league by storm. Unbelievably fast and technically amazing. It's smacks of ignorance that people are dismissing him as I guess they haven't seen him play often if at all. Far, far better player than pienaar. Can't wait to see him tear up this league!

He’s not 50!!!
Have you seen the video from the early 80s where they are all wearing Tacchini tracksuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back