Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whose "fault" was it, then?

If Uncle Billy was at "fault" then how come El Bob seems able, in your eyes, to build a squad under what appears to be the same financial circumstances?

Because a lot of the good players in the team had been brought in by Moyes. Logical isn't it?
On topic I'm surprised Geads is in contention for west brom but good news as Boberto knows his fitness shizzle

He's in the match day squad, yeah, but I can't imagine him being fit enough for more than 15 minutes. He's not played competitively since late November.

Because a lot of the good players in the team had been brought in by Moyes. Logical isn't it?
On topic I'm surprised Geads is in contention for west brom but good news as Boberto knows his fitness shizzle

No, it's not "logical" in the least.

On the one hand he is saying that Moyes couldn't "build a squad" but that wasn't "his fault".....and on the other he says El Bob is "building a squad" despite having the same apparent financial restraints.

And you think that is "logical".

So if Moyes wasn't to blame....who is?

It is self contradictory that's what it is :unsure:

WBA v Everton

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
--------McCarthy Barry
McGeady Mirallas Pienaar/Oviedo
----------Lukaku

I'd try Mirallas out before the Derby in that role in case Barkley doesn't make it.

Isn't it he 100% off?

Isn't it he 100% off?

Officially yes but many people, me included, think it's a bit of smoke and mirrors to keep potential suitors away and give us an edge going into the derby when they find out at the death that Barkley is fit to play against them. Martinez has form for overestimating injury return dates and Barkley was said to be out for 3-6 weeks which conveniently makes the derby the first game he may be available for

No, it's not "logical" in the least.

On the one hand he is saying that Moyes couldn't "build a squad" but that wasn't "his fault".....and on the other he says El Bob is "building a squad" despite having the same apparent financial restraints.

And you think that is "logical".

So if Moyes wasn't to blame....who is?

It is self contradictory that's what it is :unsure:

What I meant is Moyes inherited a sh!t heap of a squad, most of who were WAY past their best and at the end of their careers. Because of this he had to build the squad from scratch, buying new goalies, centre backs, fullbacks, midfielders and even on the very rare occasion, wingers and strikers.
When Martinez came in he had great players throughout the squad (Baines, Jags, Distin, Seamus etc). He has to build on top of that (and not start from scratch). Bobby worked wonders in the last window but he's adding to an already good squad.

Officially yes but many people, me included, think it's a bit of smoke and mirrors to keep potential suitors away and give us an edge going into the derby when they find out at the death that Barkley is fit to play against them. Martinez has form for overestimating injury return dates and Barkley was said to be out for 3-6 weeks which conveniently makes the derby the first game he may be available for

In the press onference (yesterday/today) he answered that quaetion about Barkley and how he's progressing by giving a vague answer...and then came the Martinez giveaway: the scratch to the back of the neck. He did that last week when fielding questions about McGeady and his possible January arrival.

It's his 'tell'. (y)

In the press onference (yesterday/today) he answered that quaetion about Barkley and how he's progressing by giving a vague answer...and then came the Martinez giveaway: the scratch to the back of the neck. He did that last week when fielding questions about McGeady and his possible January arrival.

It's his 'tell'. (y)

or the scratchy Arse labels in the clothing, twice as thick as the garment material and could cut glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back