Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me? but try as I can the signing of McGeady does not having me going WOW. It just does not catch the imagination at all.

I'm the opposite of this, I think the timing for him (and us) is perfect. I'd not seen him play that much and ignorantly wrote him off as 'that celtic lid who thinks he's ronaldo', the one who must be sh!t as he ended up in Spartak reserves.
But since signing for EFC I've been doing a bit of reading up on our new lid, seems he's got more than a bit about him. He did get the rep for not passing when he was younger (so did ronaldo) but he's older now and coming into his prime. Once he's settled in I think he's going to have a massive impact for us. Hope he's match fit asap.

i saw as most of you would jelavic at the Qpr game and he played really well and confident , i was half shocked about the move but hope he does well and lets hope we get a striker worth this hassle

Was so against this when the early rumours started. Tbf they started the same time as RM was also being linked with kone and alcaraz. At that point I was just gutted at the level of players Roberto was looking to bring in compared to what moyes used to be bringing us in.

However after bringing both kone and alcaraz in it has become apparent that bobby wanted some squad depth. He still brought in lukaku, Barry, McCarthy thus proving he does actually buy with both first 11 and squad/bench in mind. This has made me more optimistic of signings like McGeady who will definately have more impact off the bench and in the squad than the likes of guaye but could also hit form in the first 11.

We're building an actual squad which moyes could never do (not his fault) and I like that! More so we need it!!

Was so against this when the early rumours started. Tbf they started the same time as RM was also being linked with kone and alcaraz. At that point I was just gutted at the level of players Roberto was looking to bring in compared to what moyes used to be bringing us in.

However after bringing both kone and alcaraz in it has become apparent that bobby wanted some squad depth. He still brought in lukaku, Barry, McCarthy thus proving he does actually buy with both first 11 and squad/bench in mind. This has made me more optimistic of signings like McGeady who will definately have more impact off the bench and in the squad than the likes of guaye but could also hit form in the first 11.

We're building an actual squad which moyes could never do (not his fault) and I like that! More so we need it!!

He brought in a fair share of stinkers, some of whom are still here: Gueye, Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back