Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought our performance improved after his introduction to be fair. He showed some nice touches and a willingness to carry the ball. Encouraging I thought.

He should of been brought on before WBA equalised really. You could see that when he come on WBA dropped back ever so slightly, so he clearly got their back four thinking. Happy with what i saw, use the Stevenage game to get his fitness up further and hopefully we'll see him against Liverpool.

He should of been brought on before WBA equalised really. You could see that when he come on WBA dropped back ever so slightly, so he clearly got their back four thinking. Happy with what i saw, use the Stevenage game to get his fitness up further and hopefully we'll see him against Liverpool.

Spot on mate, legs were tired and a few needed to be hauled off, mainly Oviedo and Ossie.
It is the first time ever I have criticised Bobby, I felt the subsitution came 10 mins too late, it was obvious we needed an injection of tempo / urgency and energy .... all which was provided by switching Mirallas back to the right and McGeady to the left

overall..... missed opportunity , point will do, Howard needs to look how he could of slowed the game and give the back four time to regroup rather than giving a mad ball in a dangerous area to Rom

Clearly shows that the squad needs addtitions if we want to push on...COYB

What McGeady did show was that he was able to spot Lukakus runs and play the ball through...something we have not been doing much lately (only Barkley seems to get the right idea).

Spot on mate, legs were tired and a few needed to be hauled off, mainly Oviedo and Ossie.
It is the first time ever I have criticised Bobby, I felt the subsitution came 10 mins too late, it was obvious we needed an injection of tempo / urgency and energy .... all which was provided by switching Mirallas back to the right and McGeady to the left

overall..... missed opportunity , point will do, Howard needs to look how he could of slowed the game and give the back four time to regroup rather than giving a mad ball in a dangerous area to Rom

Clearly shows that the squad needs addtitions if we want to push on...COYB

Agree with all of that

McGeady is only easing his way back into football, a longer spell on the pitch could have brought on an injury. He will get a longer spell against Stevenage and each week will contribute more,it will probably be the end of Feb before he is ready to play a full game.

He looked very bright and enterprising last night. I think he will prove to be a big hiy.

Would anyone start him against Stevenage? Maybe only play him for the first half, but get his match fitness up a bit, so that he is fit enough to be able to be brought on for the derby and make an impact.

Haven't seen or heard much of him since he left Celtic for Russia...Played well against Barcelona in CL a couple of years ago as I recall and even with Celtic, Ronaldinho & Messi singled him out as the player that stood out to them

Curious to see what else he can still do on this level after being marginalized at Spartak

Would anyone start him against Stevenage? Maybe only play him for the first half, but get his match fitness up a bit, so that he is fit enough to be able to be brought on for the derby and make an impact.

No. Given our injury record of late and the nature of the exercise against a lower league club with nothing to lose and who'll rattle into challenges, I'd stick to getting McGeady's fitness up in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back