Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pitch up the sidelines was a quagmire in places. A propoer pitch where you can get a true run of the ball and he'll be more than fine. He's done very well slotting in first couple of games. Let;s see what damage he can do with teams attempting to push onto us.

That pitch up the sidelines was a quagmire in places. A propoer pitch where you can get a true run of the ball and he'll be more than fine. He's done very well slotting in first couple of games. Let;s see what damage he can do with teams attempting to push onto us.

And that's the main thing, right now...everything else will come with games. Think he'll do great once he gets rolling.

What struck me yesterday was how comfortable Mirallas looked in a more central role. An advantage of having McGeady / Deulofeu on the wing could be that it allows Mirallas to express himself more, and gives us good options when Barkley isn't available.

Didn't you say you'd give him a chance? If so, that doesn't put you in with the clever people i was referring to.

Fair does mate, personally don't think he will be able tevaluated properly until he regains match fitness, much like dele couldnt be until he had a run of games

Just like the West Brom game I thought he started running out of gas after an hour. Before that he did alright, very quick feet and can bring it back inside well. Unlucky with that shot.

I like him, just needs a couple more weeks to get fully up to speed again. Have a feeling that Bobby has had to play him a bit more than he would have wanted due to injuries.

He & Coleman fully fit and flying down that right hand side could potentially be jizz worthy.

Last edited:
Looked a bit heavy, probably due to not playing a game since November, prior to the ones he played in the last week or so. Some nice touches and passes though. Didn't help that he was the only attacking player down the right either, with Stones being a bit more cautious when going forward.

Looks lively, clearly not fit, I got big hopes of the lid, was so, so today.

See him do the McGeady spin on the halfway line and got robbed of the ball? Not his best moment like.

I reckon with Seamus in tandem he'll get in the swing of it.

It must be difficult also for a winger picking up the dimensions of a new pitch in game time. Now he has that out the way no excuses in that respect.

Decent effort overall today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back