Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was a deliberate tactic from Villa today. it was very noticable that they left Stones in lots of space to take the ball and then closed him down quickly because he has a tendency to straight away turn back towards goal and dally on the ball. He is 19 and still finding his way. I think Villa targeted this today and that's why it looked like they doubled up on McGeady.

Interesting perspective. I've not had my re-watch yet but I'll keep an eye on this.

For the price we payed for him (reportedly under £1m) we've gained a crafty wing player who should be just reaching his prime for very little investment. Just the kind of signing we need to be making if want to be challenging for the top on our paltry budget. Just wish we could attract more quality players on the cheap (e.g. Keisuke Honda).

He'll get better as the weeks go by. Match fitness, pace and movement will improve and he'll be helped when we get an out and out striker up top

I only had the match on in the background but I liked everything I saw from McGeady. That lobbed through ball to Mirallas was clever and he was very unlucky not to score early on.

I had low expectations based on reports from my Irish mates, they're all ****ing kopites though so happy to see them proven wrong.

He's looking good lads. Cant wait for him to get 100% fit and settled in the Premier League. Him and Coleman can be as good as Baines and Pienaar.

Yep, still not completely fit but had a good game today, very unlucky with his first half effort... Still adapting to our style of play too of course.

Looks a good signing!

He'll be flying next Season. Cant wait! Thats why it made sense to get him in now, he'll get match fitness, understand out style and settle into the Premier League, he'll be brilliant next season.

tired in the second half, hope he doesn't become a bit too predictable that defenders will eventually be able to read him, but very happy so far.

Thought Bertrand bossed him after the first 10 mins. But he's a good left back to be fair.

But he does has vision about him.

Although his corners are shocking. And he needs to jib those Phil Neville floated crosses into the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back