Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a ball rolling out of play in around the 70th minute I think with mcgeady and one of their players on the wing racing for it. I was impressed by how quick he got to the ball. Should have been our throw in but the ref (what a s*** game he had) gave them the ball.

Think he's gonna be a great signing for us

Though I didn't see the game today, I bet he's a proper highlights player, frustrating but can provide moments of magic and looks boss on MOTD so the neutrals will rate him dead high.

About the end product thing people are sceptical about: he had a great shot off the post; played a beauty of a ball over the top for Mirallas but he crossing wasn't all that. When he gets up to speed and is fully fit, though, he's gonna be great.

As expected, his decision-making is the problem. Evidently a class footballer, tries to beat the man one too many times. Did some excellent things, some not-so-great.

We'll see.

I get the feeling he knows he's got to win the fans over. Would have been a good way to do it if that shot'd gone in, scoring on his first start for the club.

Teams no how to play against us now...sit back and counter...we need pace. Skill and intelligence up front hopefully aiden and duey can do that in the last half of the season as I think we are the forth best team in the league at the minute

Teams no how to play against us now...sit back and counter...we need pace. Skill and intelligence up front hopefully aiden and duey can do that in the last half of the season as I think we are the forth best team in the league at the minute

It's not the way we play its the speed we play it. We move the ball to slowly, we need to up the tempo. You've right about pace also.

Any other 'oldies' think he reminds them a little of Johnny Morrissey?

..not really, Steve. Morrissey was very much in the John Robertson mould, just drop a shoulder and fire in a cross. Very effective was Morrissey, and very underrated. McGeady is more the Scottish, jinky winger type. Lots of tricks and fair amount of pace. If he turns out to be as good as Morrissey we'll have a gem on our hands, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back