Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said, he needs Coleman on the overlap. Stones was just about able to do his defensive duties yesterday and didn't really offer any link up play with McGeady. I reckon we'll see Coleman's forward play allowing McGeady to get on the ball and go one on one with defenders in dangerous areas. He was crowded out yesterday.

Don't think there'll ever be another Moggsy Steve. The first time a full back gives him a kicking and then ends up lying on the pitch wondering what happened to him, that's when he'll remind me of Moggsy. Mind you he is the same shape as Moggsy was.

....yep, full backs were scared stiff of him. Remember Jack Charlton chasing after him and apparently Morrissey was one of the names in his 'little black book'. Don't make them like JM any more.

As said, he needs Coleman on the overlap. Stones was just about able to do his defensive duties yesterday and didn't really offer any link up play with McGeady. I reckon we'll see Coleman's forward play allowing McGeady to get on the ball and go one on one with defenders in dangerous areas. He was crowded out yesterday.

This!!

That combo of coleman and mcgeady is going to be a real handful for the opposition left hand side. All kinds of choas this

Hope him and Coleman gel. There needs to be a balance between him using Coleman's runs as decoys to create space for himself and giving Coleman the ball to create chances. With Del you can see Coleman get frustrated when he doesn't use him when he should. Hopefully they'll build an understanding quickly

Missed the match yesterday unfortunately, so I've just watched the extended highlights.

What struck me about McGeady was the few clever passes I saw, which makes me confident that he'll effectively use the Coleman overlap. It's an exciting proposition and one I hope gives our campaign a boost as we go into the run in.

Hope him and Coleman gel. There needs to be a balance between him using Coleman's runs as decoys to create space for himself and giving Coleman the ball to create chances. With Del you can see Coleman get frustrated when he doesn't use him when he should. Hopefully they'll build an understanding quickly
You'd think that as international teammates that'd be good to go straight away.

Looking forward to these two operating together. They should give Spurs some problems as they wont be sitting back.

Flashes of good creativity but overall, not match fit and clearly not used to the team pattern of play.

We looked toothless in the first half partly because he hugged the touchline so much. Kev would go to the LHS and McGeady would stay wide - no one in the middle against Villa's 3 centre halves.

Would like to see him with Coleman rather than Stones because he made a lot of runs to take the defender away but Stones didn't have it in him to take advantage.

Will be a good addition in time.

Very good point about him creating space for Coleman. Could work out to be a very strong right hand side + the left looks pretty tasty too with Baines and Mirallas.

Gives us time to find the next kanchelskis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back