Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that as international teammates that'd be good to go straight away.

Looking forward to these two operating together. They should give Spurs some problems as they wont be sitting back.

McGeady has started on the left for Ireland more often than not in recent times. But yeah, if he links up with Seamie on the right the possibilities are endless.

McGeady has started on the left for Ireland more often than not in recent times. But yeah, if he links up with Seamie on the right the possibilities are endless.
He won't/shouldn't start on the left imo. Mirallas has made that position his own as of recent times, and I personally would switch them mid-game, but not start them with Kev on the right and Aiden on the left.

Then again what do I know ffs.

Wouldn't mind seeing him over that side either. He seems to get some decent shots off cutting in onto his right foot. That shot against the post yesterday off his left was impressive enough. Gives us a lot of options when players are out, that's for sure.

His crosses were floated a bit. Him and Coleman need to drive balls in. Baines is about the only one out wide who can offer that service for us.

before he went to spartak, rumours flying round of 8-12 million for him. spoke to a few celtic fans, and they all said a great player on his day, but so frustrating on others. greedy mcgready

That's what we want to hear. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aiden-mcgeady-aiming-up-full-6668580

The 27-year-old is still working his way back to full match-fitness after his arrival from Spartak Moscow last month, but says he should be at full throttle before long. McGeady said: “I was obviously a little bit apprehensive at the start, a little bit nervous. In the first half I thought I did okay and the second half I probably let myself down a couple of times.

“But I kept going to the end and I’m just happy that we won. It was a great first game for me – not because I played great, because I didn’t – but because the team ultimately won and that’s the main thing.
“There were a few little things I was disappointed with. If I was on my game I know I wouldn’t have done those things, but I can’t be too harsh on myself because I need to bide my time and be patient.
“Hopefully in the coming months I can get up to full speed.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back