Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on today?
Flashes of good creativity but overall, not match fit and clearly not used to the team pattern of play.

We looked toothless in the first half partly because he hugged the touchline so much. Kev would go to the LHS and McGeady would stay wide - no one in the middle against Villa's 3 centre halves.

Would like to see him with Coleman rather than Stones because he made a lot of runs to take the defender away but Stones didn't have it in him to take advantage.

Will be a good addition in time.

Just like the West Brom game I thought he started running out of gas after an
hour. Before that he did well, very quick feet and can bring it back inside well. Unlucky with that shot.

I like him, just need a couple more weeks to get fully up to speed again. Have a feeling that Bobby has had to play him a bit more than he would have wanted due to injuries.

He & Coleman fully fit and flying down that right hand side could potentially be jizz worthy.

Fair point but he was sitting on the bench for the first hour against West Brom, shouldnt have tired him that much!

Not that he needs a defence of his performance, but 'in his defence', I'd also say Bertrand is a pretty decent FB.

I don't even think he looks that bad, considering he's apparently 'fat'. If this is him a yard short on pace, he's going to be ace when he's fully fit.

Not saying he looked bad...but he's not what he can be, which is fast on the ball and in his movement. It's to be expected, I'm just pointing out the obvious because there wasn't much else wrong, all things considered.

Unlucky not to score, thought he had a very good game. Did well on the ball, but often wasn't seen or used by his team mates in the first half. Think he will turn out to be a very good signing for us.

Thought he looked OK in patches, not great in others, but he's still finding his feet. Lots to be encouraged about, definitely looks to be a dangerous option for us and definitely worth the nominal fee.

Think he'll create space that Coleman will thrive off. I pity the left backs that come up against those two. Especially when deulofeu comes off the bench in the last 20 mins to wreak havoc!

Well, put it this way, he did enough to ensure Bertrand and Delph (I think) doubled up on him and that's despite him not being 100% fit.
I think that was a deliberate tactic from Villa today. it was very noticable that they left Stones in lots of space to take the ball and then closed him down quickly because he has a tendency to straight away turn back towards goal and dally on the ball. He is 19 and still finding his way. I think Villa targeted this today and that's why it looked like they doubled up on McGeady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back