Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still need another winger pref one who can play all the way across with pace

After loaning Atsu?? All we need now is a decent striker to back up Rom - as Kone can't be counted on and Naismith is no striker. A backup right back would be also nice but a striker will do!

After loaning Atsu?? All we need now is a decent striker to back up Rom as Kone can't be counted on and Naismith is no striker. A backup right back would be also nice but a striker will do!

As of right now we have the same depth on the wing as last year mate, a season that saw us at times playing ross, oviedo, osman or nais on the left, so yeah we need another winger, specially as only kev out the 4 has shown a consistant end product in this league, atsu is a punt, peanuts on the decline and getting more knocks as hes aging, mcgeady unkown how hes gonna perform week in and out, only kev proven good enough for a top 4 team

As of right now we have the same depth on the wing as last year mate, a season that saw us at times playing ross, oviedo, osman or nais on the left, so yeah we need another winger, specially as only kev out the 4 has shown a consistant end product in this league, atsu is a punt, peanuts on the decline and getting more knocks as hes aging, mcgeady unkown how hes gonna perform week in and out, only kev proven good enough for a top 4 team

Need a winger, solid striker, cam still prob with one covering two of those positions if versatile, backup rb a worry as well

Yeah and while we are at it why don't we sell Naismith, McGeady and Osman and make Hibbert Retire, Then buy at least six quality replacements. Because none of those are good enough for a top four team - oh that's right we won't because we don't have any money and apparently think these players are good enough because we have signed them and are offering most of them new contracts. I don't disagree with some of your points, but your dreaming if you think we will sign three more.

* reaches for the neg rep *
post-40686-shakira-pressing-red-button-gi-6J0k.gif

Neiler I agree about the intolerance of Pienaar but I also have huge confidence in AMcG.

I don't believe they should be mutually exclusive.

Overall, GOT is twitching with frustration as we await the start of the season. If many of the posters were my age, they would remember when we got excited when BBC announced that we had signed ONE player and that would keep us going for months.

Sad I know, but as a kid I got so excited that we had signed Martin Dobson because he was a capped England international!!! He only got one more cap with Everton!!

Top post mate, POST MORE!

Yeah and while we are at it why don't we sell Naismith, McGeady and Osman and make Hibbert Retire, Then buy at least six quality replacements. Because none of those are good enough for a top four team - oh that's right we won't because we don't have any money and apparently think these players are good enough because we have signed them and are offering most of them new contracts. I don't disagree with some of your points, but your dreaming if you think we will sign three more.

None of them are good enough to start for a top 4 team mate. Of the 4 only hibbert got a new contract, unless it involves a coaching role for a coaches salary its money down the drain as he is finished and even at his best not good enough or suited to the role of a fb in our style, osmans and the others are squad players, if we start any of them for a long stretch we will suffer - nais dropped off aside, about 3 more - if we dont then frankly martinez is gping into the season with less than he stated he needed to cope eith the extra games.

1 loan so far, would expect 2-3 more based on the managers own statements about how he views their importantance

None of them are good enough to start for a top 4 team mate. Of the 4 only hibbert got a new contract, unless it involves a coaching role for a coaches salary its money down the drain as he is finished and even at his best not good enough or suited to the role of a fb in our style, osmans and the others are squad players, if we start any of them for a long stretch we will suffer - nais dropped off aside, about 3 more - if we dont then frankly martinez is gping into the season with less than he stated he needed to cope eith the extra games.

1 loan so far, would expect 2-3 more based on the managers own statements about how he views their importantance

To quote Martinez

"Towards the end of last season I said we needed six more players, but it wasn't six new players, it was six players," said Martinez.

"We have added Barry, Lukaku and Besic and we also have Tony Hibbert who re-signed.

"We still need one or two, depending on how quickly Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo recover from their injuries."

To quote Martinez

"Towards the end of last season I said we needed six more players, but it wasn't six new players, it was six players," said Martinez.

"We have added Barry, Lukaku and Besic and we also have Tony Hibbert who re-signed.

"We still need one or two, depending on how quickly Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo recover from their injuries."

Where's this come from?

Different players become available at different times, after Atsu and a striker i still dont think our business will be 100% done.

McGeady can be so frustrating,at times he makes opposition full backs look like clowns, but then miss hits the cross or the pass which is easier than beating the man in this first place,Sometimes I think he just rushes and doesn't think after he beats his man and just tries to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible,hopefully as his confidance grows he will improve his final ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back