Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has been a success so far and that was a bad game in isolation - and he still got an assist

Think he'll be useful and will get better as the season goes on. It was a pre season game and he was up against a good left back and Porto are a good side, harsh to write him off from this game I reckon

I only saw the 20 minute highlights on Everton TV, and on there he looked quite good, because all it showed was that he did a good job dribbling by his man and putting crosses in, and his interception to set up Naismith's goal was an excellent piece of skill.

I'm guessing what the highlights didn't show was that he gave the ball away through poor passing fairly often, sound about right?

If you only watch the last 10 mins or so he looked a world beater.

Before that he looked rubbish especially the first half. No big deal as it was only per-season but he also didn't do enough to suggest he should be a starter.

He looked reluctant to run at players for large portions of the game for me. When he actually committed he looked OK, unfortunately this was for about 10 minutes before he came off.

He did try and attempt to take on a good few times and lost it before he got better. Did Porto sub their left back?

he'll be a good squad player IMO but for a top 6 team we need a better first teamer, Step forward Mirallas and Atsu

he'll be a good squad player IMO but for a top 6 team we need a better first teamer, Step forward Mirallas and Atsu
Atsu is yet to kick a ball in the premier league. Completely different to the dutch league and whatever before it. Whilst he does look the part, we should calm down over bigging this lad up.

My gut is telling me that McGeady will prove a few people wrong this season. Some major vaulting will be dug up in a few weeks i reckon.

McGeady is so easy on the eye. I remember against Sunderland away, he just flew past 4 players. Didn't run. Literally glided across the park.It was so effortless. Impeccable balance.

I just don't get the lack Tolerance for Pienaar and yet there is huge support for Mcgeady!

Neiler I agree about the intolerance of Pienaar but I also have huge confidence in AMcG.

I don't believe they should be mutually exclusive.

Overall, GOT is twitching with frustration as we await the start of the season. If many of the posters were my age, they would remember when we got excited when BBC announced that we had signed ONE player and that would keep us going for months.

Sad I know, but as a kid I got so excited that we had signed Martin Dobson because he was a capped England international!!! He only got one more cap with Everton!!

Atsu is yet to kick a ball in the premier league. Completely different to the dutch league and whatever before it. Whilst he does look the part, we should calm down over bigging this lad up.

My gut is telling me that McGeady will prove a few people wrong this season. Some major vaulting will be dug up in a few weeks i reckon.

I think mcgeady is a good player but I also think he's too inconsistent to start week in week out, Atsu looks a very good player to me the fact he is fast as F is a massive positive just look at the problems the likes of Sterling, Lennon etc. give opponents based largely on their pace. He'll be a big player for us this season IMO especially hitting teams on the counter (praying Utd go 3 at the back)

This may be a tad far-fetched, but McGeady seems to be more composed in his interviews compared to last season. :D I don't know if it has to do with him seemingly finding his form slowly, but he does seem more settled now. I believe that will be displayed on the pitch too.

I think mcgeady is a good player but I also think he's too inconsistent to start week in week out, Atsu looks a very good player to me the fact he is fast as F is a massive positive just look at the problems the likes of Sterling, Lennon etc. give opponents based largely on their pace. He'll be a big player for us this season IMO especially hitting teams on the counter (praying Utd go 3 at the back)
McGeady is no slouch though. Getting a decent individual pre-season under his belt and has now had enough time to settle at the club. Plenty of options for us though. Options from the bench with 20 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back