Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are reading far too much into preseason performances imo. Can people just wait until he's fit before they slate him.

Negatives : He needs a lot of room to operate and misplaces passes when under pressure.

Positives : One on one he's fantastic.

Conclusion

I really thought he would step up this season but so far he's playing with no confidence. It's almost as if he's playing with fear. I think Roberto took him off at the right time after he had improved dramatically. I think he's better than he's shown but not a first 11 player.

The fella behind me was swearing his head off every single time McGeady got it, yet when he did the two decent crosses and the assist he stayed silent.

Unfortunately for McGeady, he is this years Naismith, treated badly by the fans for any little thing he does wrong, until he scores/assists.

Barkley gave the ball away a few times and he's met with "unlucky Ross lad" it's sad really.

Stank the gaff out today,Hibbo looked more of a threat going forward!
Laid on the goal and did 2 beautiful crosses near end of game that could/should have resulted in 2 goals. Basically he created all if not the bulk of chances we had. He is the new scape goat now because his style of play is to try and beat his man and he will not be successful all the time.

McGeady another one of these Martinez players in the mould of Alcatraz, Robles and Kone, who, while maybe suitable for a team battling relegation year in and year out (or more likely the best a relegation outfit could attract), are simply not competitive enough to be at a team that can get young international stars (Besic, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Atsu) through the doors relatively easily.

I'm no fan of McGeady. He is way to inconsistent to play for us. One minute he can make an excellent dribble and following cross and the next 10 minutes he can't pass the ball to a teammate that stand 4 feet away but instead pass it to an opponent that wasn't even Close.

I'm no fan of McGeady. He is way to inconsistent to play for us. One minute he can make an excellent dribble and following cross and the next 10 minutes he can't pass the ball to a teammate that stand 4 feet away but instead pass it to an opponent that wasn't even Close.

For a team that has had Deulofeu and probably will have Atsu he's quite a honestly a waste of time and space. Not even an off the bench type option for me. Sorry if that sounds harsh its just that we all know we can get better than him in the same way we can get better than Alcatraz and Robles and Kone, all of whom should be nowhere near the bench let alone the first team at a club like Everton.

Remind me if he's on 60k a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back