Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still yet to be convinced by McGeady. He can be frustrating because clearly the talent is there but something is lacking. So far in an Everton shirt I believe theres more to come from him and given his fitness wasn't up to scratch when he signed then it can no longer be an excuse at the start of the season coming up. I really hope he hits the ground running next season but today against Porto he was very average unfortunately
This. Exactly this.

I still haven't seen anything from him that would make me start him over Pienaar or Mirallas. He's 28 years old and should be in his prime, but he's not showing enough of anything yet.

I would take another RW in a heartbeat.

He had an awful all round game but created 4 of the best chances in the game, the assist to Naismith, the header for Osman, cross to Browning and the shot which he blasted wide and over with his left foot.

McGeady is far better than the over rated Piennar.

I've always like McGeady but he never seemed to make that next step, from a player showing potential to the real deal.

I reckon he's a late bloomer and he will this year. He'll become a huge / key player for us.

your_life_summed_up_in_hysterical_gifs_13.gif

Alot of people have said that his crossing is hit and miss.........to me his crossing is excellent. Today he laid on 3 pin point crosses that just cried out for someone who could head a ball. It was the same at Tranmere. Big Dunc would have loved him.

Having said this, other than his crossing today he was awful. Every quick pass he tried to make was intercepted.

Alot of people have said that his crossing is hit and miss.........to me his crossing is excellent. Today he laid on 3 pin point crosses that just cried out for someone who could head a ball. It was the same at Tranmere. Big Dunc would have loved him.

Having said this, other than his crossing today he was awful. Every quick pass he tried to make was intercepted.

I would have thought if you were going to cross the ball, one would look up to see where your players were standing not just heave the ball over but one day you have a cracker of a game and the next could be awful.

Struggled to pass to a lad in blue today.

But Christ! It's a poor game in pre season ffs!

Looks like he's lost at least a stone, only likely to be an impact sub in reality.

Give the lad a break

He needs more game time IMO. Considering the length of time he hadn't played before we signed him, and then the summer break, I'm not surprised he's still a bit rusty. He will be playing a lot more this season, so I think we'll see more of a player out of him.

His attitude's spot on. Seems to have targeted this pre-season, more than anyone else, as a chance to get himself into RM's thoughts for a starting spot. Every game he looks to be champing at the bit. Shame it didn't work out today like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back