Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been the most frustrating player to watch for Ireland over the years, mainly his final delivery or poor decision making.

Think he's done more than fine in his short time with us so far, id be surprised if he doesn't prove to be a useful addition to the squad this season.

I think we'll know one way or another before September's out whether he's gonna be a key player or a squad player this season. I so want him to be amazing though.

he had some flashes of great talent last year and i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the starting 11 come august. love having him in the team

I am banking on McGeady to have a breakout season. First off, his on ball skills are tremendous. Goes past players likes it nothing. Look up a montage of his signature spin, it is nice. He will be fully fit this season and I hope he's in the S11. Remember his through ball to Mirallas last season for the goal, it was a beauty.

I can't wait to see him next season. One of the most skilful players in the league and he's got plenty of pace. He could turn out to be Roberto's best signing!

Pienaar looks finished or on the way down at least.
Mirallas clearlt first choice.
McGeady doesnt seem tobhave an end product.

Short on wingers I think.

Pienaar looks finished or on the way down at least.
Mirallas clearlt first choice.
McGeady doesnt seem tobhave an end product.

Short on wingers I think.

tumblr_m9pjcfWLHt1rdutw3o1_500.gif

McGeady is far better than the over rated Piennar.

I've always like McGeady but he never seemed to make that next step, from a player showing potential to the real deal.

I reckon he's a late bloomer and he will this year. He'll become a huge / key player for us.

Don't think McGeady will ever be a star player for us, to many flaws in his game. However on form I can imagine he's a nightmare to play against. Very good squad player IMO.

Think everyone is writing off pienaar a little prematurely. He dipped last season no doubt but injury niggles certainly contributed towards that. As always his goal scoring lets him down as a winger.

Pienaar, McGeady and Miralass are good options to have but do feel we need 1 more to replace Gerrard. A boss one would be great!

People who say he's no more than a good squad player to have, etc. need to stop saying this. Clearly Bobby rates him a lot, he's probably on 50k a week, therefore there is no way he's going to spend this season on the bench everyweek, he will be first choice when all said and done so get used to it. Most English players in the league play amazing for their clubs but are terrible for England so how McGeady plays for Ireland is irrelevant

Well Pienaar obviously suffered from injuries as did Deulfeou and Mirallas had his usually up and down season, yet somehow we were a very attacking team who used the wings well and produced a lot of attacking football and when he came in McGeady played his part in that.

I get a strong feeling that now Naismith has proven the haters wrong they've shifted their sights to another target.
I didn't have a problem with Naismith. He was getting played out of position mate

I'm still yet to be convinced by McGeady. He can be frustrating because clearly the talent is there but something is lacking. So far in an Everton shirt I believe theres more to come from him and given his fitness wasn't up to scratch when he signed then it can no longer be an excuse at the start of the season coming up. I really hope he hits the ground running next season but today against Porto he was very average unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back