Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
very true mate but come on... never compare McGeady to the likes of coleman and stones ever again.

Coleman was hardly setting the world alight at right mid for years. It's only in the last two seasons that he's become such a good player. McGeady has played 17 times for us, mostly from the bench.

Lad we are meant to be competing for Europa/Champions League. Not any of the top 7 teams want him apart from us.

Would you prefer us to spend £18m on Keane? 15m on Bentley? 16m on Young? £50m on Torres? £15m on Reyes?...

the list goes on and on you know, the only thing that's constant is our ability to keep up with the high spenders while not wasting money.

Coleman was hardly setting the world alight at right mid for years. It's only in the last two seasons that he's become such a good player. McGeady has played 17 times for us, mostly from the bench.
and I hope that he stays on the bench, I don't mind him starting the cup games against the poor teams. If we are serious about wanting to get EL or CL next season he shouldn't really be in the starting XI

He isn't good enough to be in the starting XI for a team wanting to play champions league football in a top league. The End.
You don't know that.

Are you a coach at everton? No.

Have you seen how he trains or how he even plays regularly.. no again.

Stop stating things about players as fact when you have no idea, i PERSONALLY think he will replace pienaar mostly this season and we'll be better off for it.

He is certainly good enough for a europa league team and i don't see why he wouldn't be for a champions league team when he's fully fit and settled.

Don't understand some of the 'McGeady dislike'.

McGeady was actually starting to play really well towards the end of the season, as he was getting into the swing of things. He was creating things and was an attacking threat.

Now that he's had a rest and will get a full pre-season behind him, he'll be a good player for us.

Seriously, McGeady has shown glimpses of being a real quality player. He's really clever on the ball, creative and uses his head to unbalance players and trick them with his movement.

He's a really good passer too and can cross the ball well. He wasn't fully fit last season but still looked more dangerous than most of our players whenever he came on. I think he's going to have a great season this year and I hope everyone's vaulting stekelly.

Btw, I didn't rate him before he came to us, although I admittedly hadn't seen him much, but I've seen enough to believe he'll be a quality player for us given a good pre season.

Yet somehow he's was actually playing for a very team like this, for the last 6 months of last season ?
Name me our wingers mate...

Mirallas
Pienaar
Deulofeu
McGeady

God knows whats happened to Pienaar
Deulofeu is young so he is hit and miss

Goodnight, i'll speak tomorrow.

Name me our wingers mate...

Mirallas
Pienaar
Deulofeu
McGeady

God knows whats happened to Pienaar
Deulofeu is young so he is hit and miss

Goodnight, i'll speak tomorrow.

Well Pienaar obviously suffered from injuries as did Deulfeou and Mirallas had his usually up and down season, yet somehow we were a very attacking team who used the wings well and produced a lot of attacking football and when he came in McGeady played his part in that.

I get a strong feeling that now Naismith has proven the haters wrong they've shifted their sights to another target.

Not many players, in their first ever PL game, and away from home could have chested that long punt from Howard, controlled it and arrowed a Red Sea parting ball into Kev to put us in front at Fulham. Then there was the last minute run and cross (leaving 2 defenders chasing shadows) to Barry at the back stick that he nodded down to Seamus and won us the match - Cardiff I think it was.
So while lacking match fitness, debuting in the PL and not having much game time, he's already shown - to some of us at least - the reason RM pursued him for years. . . .oh, and if none other than Lionel Messi rates him too, then who are we to disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back