Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady can be so frustrating,at times he makes opposition full backs look like clowns, but then miss hits the cross or the pass which is easier than beating the man in this first place,Sometimes I think he just rushes and doesn't think after he beats his man and just tries to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible,hopefully as his confidance grows he will improve his final ball
Well if he is going to improve he will have to get a move on he is now 28, IMO this is as good as it's going to get with Geeds, hope I'm wrong .

McGeady can be so frustrating,at times he makes opposition full backs look like clowns, but then miss hits the cross or the pass which is easier than beating the man in this first place,Sometimes I think he just rushes and doesn't think after he beats his man and just tries to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible,hopefully as his confidance grows he will improve his final ball

Same things been said about him throughout his career mate, if he hasnt learnt it by now he never will do, squad player at best

Clearly not the finest player we have ever signed, but will be a decent squad player and will weigh in with a few goals and assists this season.

Martinez worked wonders with Maloney, another player could enthrall and frustrate in the same breath. Let's hope McGeady has a similar story.

Thing is McGeady isn't a key player, one of the players who we have to rely on during a game, players like Lukakau, Baines, Jags, McCarthy if they are having a bad day it can effect the whole team, McGeadys roll isn't as important. He might not be a top quality player but im sure Martinez doesn't send him and the team out with tactics based around his presence on the pitch anyway.

Martinez worked wonders with Maloney, another player could enthrall and frustrate in the same breath. Let's hope McGeady has a similar story.
Exactly this, he's a confidence player (they all are I suppose). He might be 28 but he doesn't need to learn new skills, he can do all the hard things like beat his man. Hopefully he just needs the faith and positive encouragement of a top manager like Bobby

MOM between him and Pienaar.

Pienaar did well through out without (as per) much penetration; McGeady looked very dangerous first half.

Well done Aidan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back