Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he scored and in what fashion, wow, that was a stunner. He seemed to be relieved thanks to this goal, I hope this will help him shake off any anxiety left in him, because he's got great potential in him if he really gets the ground running.

I also liked his proactive attitude to the game, which involved a few lost balls and bad shots as well, but apart from that, he was excellent.

It was a cracking goal and just what he needed. Hopefully now with the some of the team still with a World Cup hangover he can step up and produce some great performances.

Very nicely taken goal, hopefully we can see him produce this more often and terrorise defences on the regular! With him and Mirallas to swap wings, on form, should be a delight

Much leaner, certainly no left foot, and confidence abound to hammer that top corner from there with 5 or 6 players between him and goal. Some strike. Last time I was so impressed by a wide player powering one home like that was Bily vs Manure.

Was some good business done in January, does anyone have an idea about the actual fee?

He's very clearly a confidence player, like so many wingers of that ilk before him. When his tail is up he will be an absolute nuisance - never mind a very useful substitute to bring on against tired full backs at the very least.

He will be however prone to poor form and inconsistency so it will do him good to get some money in the bank with the more impatient of our fanbase so when that poor form does come there's a little more forgiveness.

For what we paid for him it's an astute piece of business.

With how we setup nowadays (especially the right flank) and with, what, three seasons of warning, other sides are crapping themselves to get all over Coleman. If Geads and Coleman can be half as effective as Romulus and Remus on the left flank we wont just beat sides, we absolutely spank them sideways. If it works out that way I could see Lukaku getting more assists than goals, and in a side dancing to the beat of 2 flanks drumming he'll score a shed load.

Cut that, a shed load and a half.

We're going to be alright this season.

HNuvrG2.jpg

He's got alot of grief off the fans, he was absolutely terrible against Porto, but he's defo looking leaner and with his sharpness back I think he'll be a match winner in a few games this season. He will also annoy the [Poor language removed] out of fans for a few as well, but that's the type of player he is and as others have said he was a bargain.

I think Saturday showed what you're going to get with McGeady.

Brilliant goal in the first half then partially at fault for their goal/Schlup's chance (I can't remember). Had the chance to roll it inside to McCarthy with plenty of time to do so and chose to turn into trouble and try to find a difficult pass which got intercepted.

He'll be frustrating and quality. Hopefully more the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back